This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let me give my MilPro opinion.

If your going to take pictures of your tank. You need to include better looking women.

For examples, just scan the asian tank threads or various pics of women and IDF tanks.

Comment

There are many US micro brews that are second to none, Sprecher makes some, their IPA2 is one. Sam Adams is better known, but isn't our best - but some of their selections are still world class IMO. We make some fine beer here - and some aweful swill too. I won't consider those mass produced swill beers (like miller high life or budweiser) for anything but putting out a fire, and only if there isn't any water handy. When I have had family gatherings in the past, some of my relatives have requested those beers - I have provided them - but any of it that they didn't drink - didn't get drank at all - I may still have a few cans in the basement - waiting to be thrown out.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        That is one of the worse beers I've I've ever drank
        It truly is shite, and it upsets me that A) they still brew it, B) there are still some people that actually drink it. I just don't get it....
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Altay Top View

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is really interesting as I haven't really seen much ground up MBT development during my adult lifetime.... I am also enthusiastic for the Turks and hope they do fairly well, but have an odd premonition that they won't be particularly fond of this first development they are making, and will come out with a mark 2 after about 1/3rd of the stated production goal of 1000 tanks. Even with tech transfers cutting edge ground up systems without experience have teething issues.

Comment

I thought they will produce it in 4 batches. 1/3 is kinda counter-planned.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                          What I'm thinking of is a place where an incoming projectile wouldn't be deflected away from the armor - in this case, below the centerline of the gun - between the turret and the hull.
                          If our tank experts don't believe there is one there - I will accept their analysis.
                          Agree with you on the shot-trap thing, that WAS a big deal during WWII; I am most familiar with WWII German armor, so the Panther tank would be a good example. The original cast mantlet (that held the gun) was a semi-circular design; after some analysis of battle damage, it was determined that a shot that struck the lower half of the mantlet would usually get deflected down into the (much) thinner armor of the fighting compartment roof, and would invariably do a lot of damage (if not completely destroy the tank). The solution was a "chin", or Kinn, along the bottom of the mantlet that wouldn't deflect incoming rounds down into the fighting compartment.

Standard Panther Ausf. D & A mantlet:

Later Panther Ausf. G mantlet with Kinn:

Attached Files
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Leo2 without a Kinn? or is there another thing?

M-1 Abrams,

i think Challenger is the best in this case?

what about this T-90_?
                            Attached Files
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

SO Big K you pop onto the board after a long dry spell and have not told us whats been going on with you.

Come on bring us up to date.

Comment

Modern tank rounds don't pose a danger if they richochet which they tend not to do. A heat round that glances will crush either its fuse or the copper jacket needed to form the EFP. Crushing this jacket is the whole principle behind SLAT armor by the way. A sabot will either pancake or blunt and deform and a deformed sabot is a piss poor penetrator since it will impact the next thing it hits point off. This massive increase in area means the round wont have the energy to penetrate. Lay a dart on a cork dartboard and use the same arm force you would use to throw the dart and see if it will press in...

Shot traps were a problem when you had rounds like APBC and APHE

Comment

Working...
                                X