So much for practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for practice

New system lets electronics do all the work. See the New ‘Intelligent’ Rifle That Claims to Give You a Perfect Shot Every Time | Video | TheBlaze.com :pop::tank::Dancing-Banana:
    CADPIPE

i don't want one, no fun.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

I wonder how long it will be before China reverse engineers this and sells the stolen technology to our enemies. The battlefield is going to be vastly more dangerous when every terrorist with an AK 74 has this.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

All it seems to do is range, and then access stored data on bullet drop. How does the system account for wind, relative humidity, temperature, slope? Maybe I'm missing something, but my guess would be that it's not as effective as claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
          All it seems to do is range, and then access stored data on bullet drop. How does the system account for wind, relative humidity, temperature, slope? Maybe I'm missing something, but my guess would be that it's not as effective as claimed.
          The ~$12k Zeiss Hensoldt 6-24x 72mm SAM riflescope system includes much of that. You dial in crosswind component vector and range to target, and the scope feeds-back information instructing you on relative changes to turret settings and also on holdover when settings exceed the adjustment range of the turrets. It does not self-adjust the turrets, and does not manipulate or interrupt the trigger. See the video below from 2011 SHOTShow in the latter segment beginning after 1:51.

Last edited by JRT; 02 Dec 12,, 23:40.

Comment

iirc there was an i phone apps similar to that
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

And here is an example of why no amount of technology will never overcome human stupidity...

Attached Files
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                And here is an example of why no amount of technology will never overcome human stupidity...

[ATTACH]31164[/ATTACH]
                At least he is taking himself out of the gene pool.

Don't you guys down under has healthcare? I mean there must be better ways of turning that outee to an inee. Besides, if he does not straighten his aim first, when he goes into the mens room he is going to have to face the next urinal so he can pee in the one beside him. AWKWARD! I know I don't like someone else facing me when I have Jr out watering the porcelain, and I sure as hell don't like some other guy watering the porcelain while he is facing me.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  Don't you guys down under has healthcare?
                  Sorry to disappoint but this guy is a prime example of good old American manhood (at least temporarily). As the song says "Born in the USA!" Besides if an Aussie wanted to shoot his dick off he would need at least a .44 cal.
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                    Sorry to disappoint but this guy is a prime example of good old American manhood (at least temporarily). As the song says "Born in the USA!" Besides if an Aussie wanted to shoot his dick off he would need at least a .44 cal.
                    I thought that's when your boys try to have intercourse with a kangaroo. :D
                    All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                    -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Working...
                    X