China angers neighbours with sea claims on new passports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Quit waving your dick around. It's not big enough to impress anybody.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
      If you don't like our passports, you will like our surveillance ships, maybe?

Patrols in Hainan get more clout |Politics |chinadaily.com.cn
      Territorial water is limited within 12nm from shore. If China plans to board and arrest foreign ship outside that zone, in China's EEZ, it will seriously violate freedom of navigation. It would be a perfect excuse for a massive China bashing on media front. It could be even worse than the case of USS Impeccable.

Comment

Did someone say "massive China bashing"? I thought it's called "weekday".

Originally posted by hanswu25 View Post
        Territorial water is limited within 12nm from shore. If China plans to board and arrest foreign ship outside that zone, in China's EEZ, it will seriously violate freedom of navigation. It would be a perfect excuse for a massive China bashing on media front. It could be even worse than the case of USS Impeccable.

Comment

It would be a hoot to see China try that with a USCG passing through the region

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
            Did someone say "massive China bashing"? I thought it's called "weekday".
            The point is how do Chinese feel about it that your country becomes the "next big bad guy". Proud?

Comment

For those who don't follow the story: Paracel, Spratly islands and its adjacent water are incorporated into what so called Sansha city and under the administration of Hainan province government and Hainan police. China considers those its historical territorial land and water.

Comment

The point is how do Chinese feel about it that your country becomes the "next big bad guy". Proud?
                "NEXT?"

Get real, it's a zero sum game. There is no wrong or right. May the best player win.

Comment

These island land grabs would be humorous if it didn't have the potential to turn deadly.

Apparently, geographic proximity means nothing. All a nation needs to do is say the word "tradition" as in "A long time ago, we had fishermen in those waters; therefore, they are ours." Ignore those Malaysian and Philippino fishermen that have been there for 4,000 years...

I think the USA should claim Barbados. And Bonaire. Great scuba, especially on Bonaire.

Comment

Like all the colonies that imperial powers used to own all over the world. Oh I forgot that is history. How about all those pacific islands, that is OK as long as it is a western powers. They can grab all the land they want and play moral high ground.

Barbaric Qing to Commies to Imperial Chinese. What is next?
                    Last edited by kyli; 30 Nov 12,, 18:16.

Comment

When were the Chinese not the bad guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                        These island land grabs would be humorous if it didn't have the potential to turn deadly.

Apparently, geographic proximity means nothing. All a nation needs to do is say the word "tradition" as in "A long time ago, we had fishermen in those waters; therefore, they are ours." Ignore those Malaysian and Philippino fishermen that have been there for 4,000 years...

I think the USA should claim Barbados. And Bonaire. Great scuba, especially on Bonaire.
                        Why not all of the Caribbean since Puerto Rico is in the middle.

By the way doesn't Hawaii, being our 50th state, extend our EEZ out 200 miles from California to now 200 miles west of Hawaii? Wait a second doesn't Midway extend our EEZ out 200 miles past it? No wait, doesn't Guam extend our EEZ out 200 miles to the west of it? Damn, we sure have a lot of free loaders in our Pacific Ocean.

You see this ridiculous game could have no end if one starts to play like I did above. Right now I see China playing the game it accused everybody in the past of... Imperialism and hegemony. As one pointed out before the economic gains would never out weigh the costs of military and political confrontations. The Chinese government is simply being stupid, and for once, shortsighted as to the long term implications.

Comment

Originally posted by kyli View Post
                          Like all the colonies that imperial powers used to own all over the world. Oh I forgot that is history. How about all those pacific islands, that is OK as long as it is a western powers. They can grab all the land they want and play moral high ground.
                          I'm confused? Is it 1880 or 2012 right now?

Having missed the first round of acquisitions in the late 1800's is it now ok to use overwhelming might in 2012 to make up for lost time?

Comment

We might as well go back to the Mongolia and the Mongol empire :pop:

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              I'm confused? Is it 1880 or 2012 right now?

Having missed the first round of acquisitions in the late 1800's is it now ok to use overwhelming might in 2012 to make up for lost time?
                              Right it is history, but what give you the damn moral high ground to act like a saint when you and many other western powers still control many of islands all over the globe.

Comment

Originally posted by kyli View Post
                                Right it is history, but what give you the damn moral high ground to act like a saint when you and many other western powers still control many of islands all over the globe.
                                I can take the damn moral high ground because I am not the one who took all those islands in the 1800's. Those people are dead. You can not lay any guilt on me for what happened over 100 years ago. It is just that simple and so I can pass judgment.

By the way since you keep throwing this out there why don't you name all those islands around the world that western nations still control. You keep making a blanket statement to give you cover for what is happening in a modern era which you are conveniently ignoring. So start your list controlling nation by controlling nation. Oh, and you just need to list the true islands, taken by force, and not rocks, with barnacles, masquerading as islands.

Comment

Working...
                                X