Hamas military leader Ahmed Jaabari assassinated in IAF airstrike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Three people were killed, 2 adults seriously injured a 4 year old boy and 2 babies were wounded when a rocket scored a direct hit on a house in Kiryat Malakhi, almost 20km away from the most northern tip of Gaza. And that's not even as far as they can go...

I'm waiting to see if I get my emergency reserve call-up in the mail. The only reason I can think of not getting a call-up yet is that my unit recently upgraded to the Merkava 4B and I'm only qualified on the Merkava 4.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Israeli Channel 2 news is reporting 74 successful Iron Dome interceptions.

Foreign press is reporting that continuing the attacks severely harms the chances for piece. Right, because there was an agreement on the table and the Palestinians were just about ready to sign and everything. Isn't it amazing how the Palestinians are ready for peace 3 seconds AFTER they launch their latest attack?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          I'm waiting to see if I get my emergency reserve call-up in the mail. The only reason I can think of not getting a call-up yet is that my unit recently upgraded to the Merkava 4B and I'm only qualified on the Merkava 4.
          The Israeli consulate here has advised me (via fax) to be prepared to return to Israel within a 24 hour window. I'm good to go.
          sigpic

Comment

HOT, the cable company I do translating work for and one of Israel's two largest telecommunications companies, has opened their entire channel selection to Israelis living in the south. Every single channel, including all the pay-per-view channels will be unlocked. This is happening throughout the day and will gradually go into effect all through the southern part of Israel.

Comment

Direct hit on a house in Sderot, thankfully there were no injuries or fatalities.

Since the beginning of THIS ROUND of attacks from Gaza, there have been over 140 launches and ~80 Iron Dome interceptions. Of course, this is merely in addition to the 12,000 rockets and mortars launched from Gaza in the past 12 years.

Comment

stay safe out there, and if the call up does come, hope you quash em harder than last time.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm safe, I'm a goodly distance away from Gaza, but I've got friends who live in the line of fire. I stayed over by one of my mates for the weekend just about a month ago.

Here's some more Iron Dome footage. Now, imagine how much more it would suck down there if Iron Dome wasn't around.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=ca7fe5d38cdb

Comment

IAF dropping warning leaflets over Gaza

IAF strike in Gaza as viewed from the Israeli town of Sderot

Hamas launches a missile from a populated area

Building in Kiryat Malachi struck by a Hamas missile which resulted in Israeli dead and wounded

IAF obliterates a Hamas launch site in Gaza City
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                      Israel fcked up big time when they forcefully accommodated Hamas among Palestinians and allowed them to legitimize their control over those areas. This should've been done long time ago.
                      Giora Eiland disagrees

Perhaps a large military operation (along the lines of Cast Lead) is needed before adopting this policy. I am not convinced of this. It will be enough when we stop pursuing all those who want to help Gaza economically, or want to recognize the de facto Gaza state, and start to focus only on our real interest: bringing quiet to the area. Let me emphasize here, and not for the first time, that an “interest” is not synonymous with a “heart's desire.” An interest is something important for which we are prepared to pay a price. The narrower is our interest, the easier it is to achieve, and at a lower price.

Comment

Rockets fell in the outskirts of Rishon Lezion, over 30km away from Gaza, approximately an hour ago

Comment

For the first time in over 20 years sirens were heard in Tel Aviv as a rocket was fired from Gaza and an explosion was heard in Tel Aviv. At the moment the news does not yet have permission to report if it landed or was intercepted

Comment

Rocket in Tel Aviv did not cause any fatalities or injuries. IDF still won't allow reports if it landed or was intercepted

Comment

IDF spokesperson is still being vague, but apparently both rockets fired at Tel Aviv "didn't hit the ground"

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                                Israeli Channel 2 news is reporting 74 successful Iron Dome interceptions.

Foreign press is reporting that continuing the attacks severely harms the chances for piece. Right, because there was an agreement on the table and the Palestinians were just about ready to sign and everything. Isn't it amazing how the Palestinians are ready for peace 3 seconds AFTER they launch their latest attack?
                                Exactly! Like how Abbas will be ready to talk to Israel once he is finished with his assault at the UN.

Comment

Working...
                                X