No announcement yet.

US Says Iran Fired On US Drone Over Gulf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about you shutting the hell up and don't say anything?

Comment

USE anti-aricraft guns or missiles shut down the dorne of USA are unpractical.
      1 they can't use repeat.the cost are high 2 The drones fly more and more high, many kinds of anti-arcraft guns and missiles can not reach it. 3, The anti-aricraft guns or missiles rely on radars. If our radar were destroy or blined by enemy airforce. It's fatal. The unmaned plane except use radar search emeny planes, it can use it's "eyes" who equip on the plane.

Comment

Now Iran has SU-30s? Is it confirmed?
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by udake View Post
          If iran use su-30 bring down the drone, it was waste fuels and expensive. Su-30 is a heavy combat fighter,it very consume fuels.On the other hand, if the US send 1000 drone fly into territory of Iran in the same time. The Iranians
          own plenty of SU-30 to intercept drones of USA?

If I am the Irans ,I will use unmanned plane who weigh about 1 ton.It can carry a 20 milimeter AA-GUN enough shut down the drone of US.
          Huh?

Comment

Iranians were looking for another 'trophy' to display to their people.

Must keep their faith up in the state.

Comment

SAM can't reach it?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Hmm, i am assuming the intent was to capture it somehow.

Were they just testing to see what would happen, how the american response would be.

Again, there are much easier ways than sending a Su-25 to do the job isn't it.

That Su-25 is queering up the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                  If expendable was the idea, don't they have even lower value assets? I'd think an outdated "National Guard" type aircraft with an air to air capablility would have been more useful for them. Do they have a lot of Frogfoots?

Maybe it was just a show of strength, and they weren't concerned about hitting the drone? The Frogfoot is "scary" looking.
                  Yap, i think i will agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by udake View Post
                    If iran use su-30 bring down the drone, it was waste fuels and expensive. Su-30 is a heavy combat fighter,it very consume fuels.On the other hand, if the US send 1000 drone fly into territory of Iran in the same time. The Iranians
                    own plenty of SU-30 to intercept drones of USA?

If I am the Irans ,I will use unmanned plane who weigh about 1 ton.It can carry a 20 milimeter AA-GUN enough shut down the drone of US.
                    When a mission is launched with vast political implications, such as shooting down another country's aircraft in international airspace, they do not worry about the cost of fuel.

Iran does not operate the Su-30. Their primary aircraft are F-5's and variants, F-14's which are being cannibalized so as to keep a few of them flying, and a scattering, a very odd mix of mostly Iraqi aircraft.

You don't arm drones with guns. That is essentially useless. It is extraordinarily hard to gun a small, moving target. It is hard enough with a manned aircraft firing a 6,000 rounds per minute cannon, using a radar lock and a LCOS, Lead Computing Optical Sight. The only reliable method would be with a small, heat-seeking missile like an AIM-9.

Iran isn't stupid. They have successfully launched satellites. This whole event is puzzling. My best guess is, a pair of Su-25 were airborne and in a convenient location and time to take a stab at the drone... and failed at it.
                    Last edited by Chogy; 11 Nov 12,, 16:30.

Comment

Some kind of SAM can reach it and destory the drone of USA,like SA-2,SA-75. Because the drone of USA often fly on height about 20000-30000 meters. But it involve the cost and effciency problem when you use SAM shoot the drone.

One dorne of USA maybe only cost 100000-500000 dollars. Even we pretend a anti-air missile can hit the target 100% (of course,it is not possible). One SA-75 missiles perhaps cost one million dollars. Obviously use a SA-75 fire at a drone, it is very stpupid.
                      SA-75 only take high-value objects as its target,like F16,F15,B52 etc. For the low-value and a lot of drones ,should use the unmaned planes to cope with them.

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      SAM can't reach it?
                      Last edited by udake; 13 Nov 12,, 05:07.

Comment

When I saw hollywood movie "behind the enemy line 1",publish in 1995, tell the story about two American pilots who shoot down by Serbian armed. I think it is very wonderful,no matter from the story ,or detail of this movie. But I still want ask some question.

1 Why F18 emitted infrared decoys can get rid of the first SAM, But the infrared decoys invalid to the second SAM?
                        2 The last paragraph of movie was really scared me. the American pilot are superman?Dozens of serbian soldiers take AK47 shoot him, even can't put a bullet into his head?

Oh,Gov save me! :wors:

Comment

"...Because the drone of USA often fly on height about 20000-30000 kilometers..."

Yup.

They swim too.
                          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                            "...Because the drone of USA often fly on height about 20000-30000 kilometers..."

Yup.

They swim too.

and here is the proof...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                              It is extraordinarily hard to gun a small, moving target. It is hard enough with a manned aircraft firing a 6,000 rounds per minute cannon, using a radar lock and a LCOS, Lead Computing Optical Sight. The only reliable method would be with a small, heat-seeking missile like an AIM-9.
                              Probably they were not equip with heat-seekers (R-60 ?) and I wonder how much of today training goes into aerial gunnery.
                              J'ai en marre.

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post

Yup.

They swim too.
                                Why don't you guys send a drone to the moon?

Comment

Working...
                                X