Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of a contemporary Hapsburg like ultimatum in Asia ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Our life-blood is trade. China is our second largest export market and out largest import market. With our FTA that will only increase. The US is our fourth largest export market and fifth largest import market. They, along with the UK, have been limiting our exports since the ANZUS affair.
    The US is currently pushing very hard to have the TPP rewritten, offering carrots to other member nations for primary produce (our main exports) to be excluded in return for those countries to have greater access to the US market. It's not just the extremist nature of the Democrat party creating a more dangerous world but the US's ongoing economic hostility toward us.
    Iain, are you kidding me?

NZ is benefiting because of economy of scale. China is screwing the US, Australia, Canada, and the UK on resource and intellectual property rights. ABCA, in the truest sense of the term, ie, minus NZ, is banding together against Chinese abuse.

It seems to me that you're complaining because NZ cannot take advantage of Chinese abuse. Iain, seriously. Your country is way too small, lacking in resources when compared to ABCA. Why don't you want to stand with the rest of us to stand up to the Chinese ... because NZ very well cannot stand up on her own.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      doktor,
      moreover, as the Chinese middle class grows, MORE of them are immigrating to the US, with many others trying to get a green card as a possible "escape chute".
      Interesting to compare this to India. In India, from my understanding, the desire to escape to the US has lessened, and many US based NRI have gone back. In the marriage market, an H1B candidate is now at a disadvantage as Indian girls with jobs do not want to give up their careers just to go to the US now.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Iain, are you kidding me?

NZ is benefiting because of economy of scale. China is screwing the US, Australia, Canada, and the UK on resource and intellectual property rights. ABCA, in the truest sense of the term, ie, minus NZ, is banding together against Chinese abuse.

It seems to me that you're complaining because NZ cannot take advantage of Chinese abuse. Iain, seriously. Your country is way too small, lacking in resources when compared to ABCA. Why don't you want to stand with the rest of us to stand up to the Chinese ... because NZ very well cannot stand up on her own.
        If anything will keep us within the angloshere it will be Australia. Our army, navy and airforce are pretty much totally integrated, our economy's are meshed and mostly our foreign policy is in lockstep. There is a big difference though. We have an FTA with China, Australia has an FTA with the US.
        The scenario I'm proposing isn't what is here now, that's business as usual and NZ performing it's duties as a good ABCA citizen even though the ANZUS punishment goes on.
        Where I have problems is the internal change within US society to an entitlement society. Nothing wrong with that and good luck to them but it's opened up the potential to both internal and external strife because of the fractured nature of their society, and the Dems determination to exploit that fracturing.
        All this would again be fine if they were the size of Australia or Canada but they're not, they have massive force projection and IMHO much more likely to use it for spurious reasons. I'm not claiming that China is wonderful, though it is fun to go there for work, it's just China at the moment is a known commodity whereas the US isn't. It behoves us to keep as much distance as is politely possible while the dice roll.
        In a way it's futile anyway, since Gillard rolled Rudd the Aussie establishment has swerved sharply away from China (there are conspiracy theories doing the 'diplomatic' dinner party rounds on this) and where Australia blunders in we are obligated through blood and shared sacrifice to carry their spears, wipe their arse and s****** behind their backs with the local maidens.

Edit to add: the censored word is a marvellous one but contains within it an entirely unfashionable description for blacks. Pity, 'laugh' just doesn't carry the same meaning. Shit, bugger, fuck.
        Last edited by Parihaka; 15 Nov 12,, 19:38.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          I'm not claiming that China is wonderful, though it is fun to go there for work, it's just China at the moment is a known commodity whereas the US isn't. It behoves us to keep as much distance as is politely possible while the dice roll.
          But in the future its China that everyone fears will become the unknown commodity isn't it.

Comment

IIRC, PLAN has already conducted anti-piracy patrols off the horn of Africa, often in collaboration with the IN. OOE even claimed some of PLAN ships came under IN command and vice versa. So a PLAN presence in the Indian ocean beyond Malacca already exists.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
              IIRC, PLAN has already conducted anti-piracy patrols off the horn of Africa, often in collaboration with the IN. OOE even claimed some of PLAN ships came under IN command and vice versa. So a PLAN presence in the Indian ocean beyond Malacca already exists.
              This was in response to maj DCLs comments in post#26.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                But in the future its China that everyone fears will become the unknown commodity isn't it.
                Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

thinks or believes then ?

Comment

Working...
                  X