No announcement yet.

China military reshuffle ahead of power change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking with tradition in a number of ways, most interestingly the rapid ascent from regional to central posts.
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Comment

I know the HongKong post, while small, is considered the most prized MD level assignment. Wow, go from a MD level post directly to the Praetorian Guard of Beijing MR. it is something else.
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

So, who’s in charge of foreign policy these days?

Two stories, side by side, in my version of Google news:

On the left,

China’s Xi pledges peace, opening-up in first meeting with foreigners

BEIJING, Dec. 5 (Xinhua) -- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, on Wednesday used his first meeting with foreign guests since his election to stress China's commitment to peaceful development and ...

and, on the right:

China tells Vietnam to half unilateral oil exploration in disputed waters

(Reuters) The South China Sea is one of Asia's most sensitive military hotspots whose profile has been raised by a newly assertive China. China has become more outspoken in its claims over islands in the South and East China Seas. The mounting disputes come at a . . .
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

The US Congressional Research Service has produced a useful guide to power structures in China.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R43303.pdf
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
          X