No announcement yet.

Rockets Keep Falling On My Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebanon 2006. This is an Israeli Spike NLOS (Non Line Of Sight) air-to-surface missile. It has a range of 25km, IR day/night capability, and a number of different warheads are available depending on mission/target. The missile has a nose camera and secure communication with the launch platform is maintained via a fiber-optic cable. In other words, one can fire this missile without having the target in sight and then acquire the target via nose-camera while in-flight. Operator adjustments can be made right up to the terminus of impact. In this vid, a specific window is targeted at a distance of 20km. The typical launch platforms are helicopter or (winky) the IAF Heron UAV.

sigpic

Comment

Supposedly there was a truce, but that didn't stop Hamas from launching 3 more rockets since last night. Just checking out equipment, I guess.

Be'er Sheva has closed school for the day (The US gets snow days, Israel gets rocket days), though Ben Gurion University in Be'er Sheva is holding classes as normal.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Attached Files
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          The attacks came after the Emir had left and the deal had been done. The attacks were to demonstrate that yes, they were worth the money he was giving them.
          Well, how wrong I was apparently. Fars does not appear to like the good Emir....

Fars News Agency :: Locations of Hamas Leaders Identified during Qatari Emir's Recent Visit to Gaza

Locations of Hamas Leaders Identified during Qatari Emir's Recent Visit to Gaza
          TEHRAN (FNA)- The residence and offices of a number of Hamas leaders were identified during the recent visit to the Gaza Strip by Qatar's King Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and later targeted by Israeli missile and bomb attacks, informed sources disclosed.

The emir of Qatar gifted a number of watches and ballpoint pens to Hamas leaders, which transmitted low-frequency signals to Israeli satellites, the sources, who asked to remain unnamed due to the sensitivity of the information, told FNA, adding that the Israeli military officials would then use the received signals to spot and assassinate senior Hamas officials.

Sheikh Hamad arrived in Gaza on October 23 to become the first head of state to visit the besieged enclave since the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, took power in the territory five years ago.

Qatar's emir has repeatedly met with Israeli leaders, and is working hard to boost the diplomatic clout of his small Persian Gulf country.

The Israeli military frequently carries out airstrikes and other attacks on Gaza Strip.
          The new wave of Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip has claimed more than 41 lives since November 14. Ahmed al-Ja'abari, the popular and influential head of the Hamas military wing, the Ezzedeen al-Qassam Brigades, was assassinated in an Israeli attack on his car on Wednesday.

On Friday, Ahmed Abu Jalal, a field commander of the Ezzedeen al-Qassam Brigades, was also killed in an Israeli airstrike on the central Gaza district of Maghazi.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Pretty unbelievable sight.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=24521bf3f954
            Last edited by citanon; 17 Nov 12,, 21:52.

Comment

Well, how wrong I was apparently.
              About what ?

Fars does not appear to like the good Emir....
              Given what he's upto in Syria i'm not surprised.

But i note the way they have expressed their displeasure in concocting this fantastic story :)

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                About what ?
                It was sarcasm, I should have put a after it. The good emirs visit to hamas lead immediately to hamas' increased attacks on Israel.

Given what he's upto in Syria i'm not surprised.

But i note the way they have expressed their displeasure in concocting this fantastic story :)
                It's a doozy isn't it :)) I wonder if it'll gain traction amoungst the hoi polloi

Leibniz

Comment

The good emirs visit to hamas lead immediately to hamas' increased attacks on Israel.
                  Yes, it seems that way but why ?

If you were to offer me a loan, and i proceed to set my house on fire would you give me better terms or would you conclude i was a terrible risk.

It's a doozy isn't it :)) I wonder if it'll gain traction amoungst the hoi polloi
                  Iran cut its funding to Hamas because Hamas would not allow protests in favour of Assad. Hamas has now found a new sponsor.

That sponsor is bad luck or otherwise not suitable for Hamas. That's the message i'm reading.

Comment

Yes, it seems that way but why ?

If you were to offer me a loan, and i proceed to set my house on fire would you give me better terms or would you conclude i was a terrible risk.
                    i would assume the good Emir want's Israel tied up in military operations to the south and fending off the usual landslide of western recrimination whilst things move apace and ignored to the north.

Leibniz

Comment

Hmm, that means the Syria operation is moving into a decisive phase shortly.

There's one thing to be said about the Qatari's. In little over a year, they've got their fingers in three pies. Libya, Syria & Gaza. Very ambitious. Pushing for Doha is going to be the political hub of the ME.

Comment

Pushing for Doha is going to be the political hub of the ME.
                        They could do worse. Out of a gallery of rogues and all that....

Leibniz

Comment

There's two sides to the coin here. Western proxy as well as Islamist enabler. They must have some influence in Egypt as well.

All of this cannot exactly be to the Saudis liking. People power.

Qatar isn't exactly that extreme of a regime. They've been quiet too, no unrest at all.

Comment

The Emir seeks the role of Prime Minister of Arabia. Being small, he threatens no one, being wealthy he is of sufficient class. With proper genuflection to the House of Saud, when they deign to notice, he may become a very powerful man indeed.

Leibniz

Comment

The Emir seeks the role of Prime Minister of Arabia. Being small, he threatens no one, being wealthy he is of sufficient class. With proper genuflection to the House of Saud, when they deign to notice, he may become a very powerful man indeed.
                              Qatar is positioning itself to be the new model for the ME.

Nah, thats not it, he wants to be the eminent power broker.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Nov 12,, 01:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X