Review: The Expendables 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: The Expendables 2

I missed it in the regular theater the first time around. It's at the 2nd round $3 theater so I made an effort to go watch it. Just so you know, 1st round movies are $13 where I live. Tack on another $5 for 3D, and $1.25 for Fandango service. I pick and choose my movies now.

The review will be short and sweet. It was a mindless, brainless, plotless, and pointless violence. It was GREAT!!! It even managed to work in a Chuck Norris joke.

The movie wasn't even trying to be serious, which was a plus. It was nice to see Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Ahnold, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, and some MMA guys, all in the same movie.

I remember my friends and I were wondering, way back when, what would happen if we could get all these action stars in the same movie. I guess this is it.

Stallone and Stathem had the most screen time. Everyone else was supporting them.

Bottom line, get some guy friends, drink some beer, eat some popcorn, turn off your brain, kick back and relax.

This movie is impossible to put on a 1 to 10 scale.
    Last edited by gunnut; 23 Oct 12,, 20:16.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Excellent. Sounds just like movie 1.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

This was so much better than #1. This one was much lighter, both in the script and in the acting. There was little to no attempt at being serious, and they made just about as much fun of themselves as they did working in other jokes, gags and other cool stuff. And yes, the Chuck Norris joke was awesome. I am looking forward to #3
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I've seen #1... definitely a guy flick, and I did enjoy it. But one thing stuck in my craw. At the end, "Gunner" was back in the gang, and I'm thinking "There's NO *&^&* WAY they'd let that dude be one of the boys again after that gross betrayal."

I'll wait for Netflix for #2.

Comment

Working...
        X