Ship ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship ID

Can anyone ID this ship in the foreground? I'd guess it's a US ally, as there's a Tico in the background.

Attached Files

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    Can anyone ID this ship in the foreground? I'd guess it's a US ally, as there's a Tico in the background.
    Offhand, I'd say it's an Indian Navy Kora-class corvette, probably INS Kulish

Edit: That picture is from Exercise Malabar 2012

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2901486/posts
    Last edited by TopHatter; 17 Sep 12,, 03:30.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Thanks Top! It was seriously evading my google-fu. I started narrowing it down to a Russian/Soviet design, but kept drawing blanks with the 4 quad packs across the bow. The size of the missle tubes also kept pointing towards a Russian design.

Comment

You're very welcome!
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

TH- NICE!

I went through the classes ship by ship but skipped the Indian Navy not thinking they'd have their ships sailing with ours.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            TH- NICE!

I went through the classes ship by ship but skipped the Indian Navy not thinking they'd have their ships sailing with ours.
            Thanks, those missile launchers with the forward gun and the electronics gear made it a little easier...but I've also seen those before, so I was able to "cheat"

Comment

Defensive appearance....

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              Thanks, those missile launchers with the forward gun and the electronics gear made it a little easier...but I've also seen those before, so I was able to "cheat"
              Glancing at India's Naval Fleet on the Web reminds me of those awesome pencil drawings we'd make in school instead of homework. Quite a few excessive missiles were added at every vacancy on board.

It would be interesting to see how the design played out in war games, too.

Good eye TOP!

Comment

Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                Glancing at India's Naval Fleet on the Web reminds me of those awesome pencil drawings we'd make in school instead of homework. Quite a few excessive missiles were added at every vacancy on board.
                When I was in grade school we drew front-engined dragsters. All the Naval ships were just down the block at 32nd Street.
                Last edited by Ytlas; 17 Sep 12,, 21:04.

Comment

I keep thinking about ballast/trim issues if they to started launching those things off in ernest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytlas View Post
                    When I was in grade school we drew front-engined dragsters. All the Naval ships were just down the block at 32nd Street.
                    We drew mazes.....

Comment

well, I don't trust that website (naming the ships) since it says that's the USS Halsey DDG 97... it MOST DEFINITELY IS NOT the Halsey.. (I spent almost 4 years on board her, and retired off her last fall).. the only photo showing the Halsey is the 1st one.. (and my avatar is the Halsey as well)

Comment

Working...
                      X