No announcement yet.

US Ambassador to Libya Killed in Rocket Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little quick off the mark there, Mitt. We need to come together at this moment.

Romney slams Obama over attacks on US officials in Libya, Egypt - NBC Politics
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Swift Sword View Post
      Agnostic Muslim,

In case you have not noticed, George W. Bush is no longer the President of the United States.

Regards,

William
      I was pointing out that ridiculing Obama over his support for the overthrow of Gaddafi and Mubarak, given these incidents, is not really fair since Bush's decision to overthrow Saddam had far more serious repercussions.
      Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
      https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

American who risked life to stop Gadhafi killed in Libya - CNN.com

a London think tank with strong ties to Libya speculated Wednesday that Stevens was actually the victim of a targeted al Qaeda revenge attack.

The attack "came to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed a few months ago," the think tank Quilliam said Wednesday.

It was "the work of roughly 20 militants, prepared for a military assault," the think tank said, noting that rocket-propelled grenade launchers do not normally appear at peaceful protests, and that there were no other protests against the film elsewhere in Libya.

The planned attack came in two waves, one which prompted U.S. officials to leave the consulate for a secure location, and the second directed at the place of retreat, Quilliam said.

The think tank cited unnamed sources on the ground in Benghazi and abroad.

Comment

News analysis of AQ role.

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...ttack.cnn.html

Comment

Interesting that apparently only Cairo and Benghazi saw demonstrations so far, that I know of (and the Cairo seemed more like posturing hooliganism on the level of embassy flag changing that protestors of all stripes have been doing for the past thirty years).

What is really disturbing about the Benghazi attack is the apparent AQ terrorists knew where the safe house was.

Comment

This site contains some images of the attack, including those of the Ambassador himself being dragged through a street. The images seem to be missing from CNN and other major websites apparently. Warning: Graphic Content.

KSFO-AM

The scale and brutality of this attack seems to suggest this was something far more than just a protest against some movie gone wrong. I mean there is no shortage of lunatics in the middle east, but still, this looks like a well-planned terrorist attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
                More like a 'Bush's mission accomplished moment backfiring in his face' wouldn't you say?
                I agree. It's all Bush's fault. Taking out a dictator in Iraq whom was a threat the the US caused the so-called "Arab spring" which toppled Ghaddafi in Libya with Obama's help, which in turn set loose a bunch of crazy people without a sense of humor to murder a diplomat.

But Bush inherited a mess from Clinton...
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                  The movie is about as insulting as it gets, and makes a mess of history. It's an embarrassment for the west. Totally unnecessary waste of $5 mil.

See a trailer here.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/brea...nd/2012/09/12/
                  I watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" but you don't see me burning down Michael Mann's house.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    I watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" but you don't see me burning down Michael Mann's house.
                    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Note the "Production" paragraph

Innocence of Muslims is a 2012 religious and political film that allegedly triggered the September 11, 2012 storming of the United States Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, and a rocket attack on an embassy personnel car of the United States Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, resulting in at least four deaths of U.S. diplomatic personnel, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.[2]

Production
                      The independent film was allegedly produced and directed by "Sam Bacile", described as a 56 year-old real estate developer and "Israeli Jew",[2][3] However, Israeli authorities found no evidence that he is a citizen,[4] and there is no evidence of a Sam Bacile around 50 years old living in California or having a real estate license.[5] or participating in Hollywood filmmaking. Though "Bacile" claimed the film had been made for $5 million from 100 Israeli donors,[6] Hollywood Reporter described the appearance as unprofessional, calling this claim into doubt.[7] The film's consultant, Steve Klein, said Bacile is not a real person and is not Israeli or Jewish, as has been reported, and that the name is, in fact, a pseudonym for about fifteen Copts and Evangelical Christians from Syria, Turkey, Pakistan, and Egypt.[8]
                      Innocence of Muslims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      sigpic

Comment

On the other hand, if some two bit imam tries to pin a bogus blasphemy charge on a girl in Pakistan, complete with burned Quran pages and all, I wouldn't put it past AQ and their sympathizers to create a film like this, especially using bogus Israeli frontsmen.

Comment

But Bush inherited a mess from Clinton...
                          Who inherited it from Bush the Elder (Gulf War), who inherited it from Reagan (Iraq arming), who inherited it from Carter (Iraq-Iran thingy), who inherited it from Ford, Nixon, and LBJ (Shah support), who inherited it from JFK and Eisenhower (domino theory for fringe states) who inherited it from Truman (support of toppling of the legal government in Iran in '43, installing the Shah).

I think we should blame George Washington. Or possibly... uh, whoever set foot on England first in 1066.
                          Last edited by kato; 12 Sep 12,, 20:03.

Comment

i too blame bush, winning hearts and minds, and building democracy was wrong goal. it keeps biting us in the a.s.s, and will do so for a long time
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                              Who inherited it from Bush the Elder (Gulf War), who inherited it from Reagan (Iraq arming), who inherited it from Carter (Iraq-Iran thingy), who inherited it from Ford, Nixon, and LBJ (Shah support), who inherited it from JFK and Eisenhower (domino theory for fringe states) who inherited it from Truman (support of toppling of the legal government in Iran in '43, installing the Shah).

I think we should blame George Washington. Or possibly... uh, whoever set foot on England first in 1066.
                              The Normans? I knew it! It's French's fault!!!

Comment

The Normans? I knew it! It's French's fault!!!
                                No way! It's the Roman's fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X