Zombie Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Guns

Ok. After playing a lot of Doom3 yesterday and seeing a bunch of "Land of the Dead" commercials, I came up with this.

The zombies have risen, and are outside. What guns do you have available at your house to fight them off? This assumes that you can only use what is at your house with available ammo and mags. Lets say 30 minutes max to prepare, load mags, etc. The usual zombie rules apply-slow moving, brain shots only. No runs to the gun shop, unless its right next door. Since this isn't a video game where you can carry 12 guns at a time, limit yourself to what you can carry on your person and still be mobile.

I'll go first. Since I don't have a place to sit up and "plink" from my property at intermediate or long range, all my trusty military bolt guns, garand, and FAL are pretty much useless. I'd go with my issue 870 shotgun w. taclight. I have a good amount of buck and slug on a bandolier. Second choice would be the AR with EOTech sight. Plenty of ammo but no taclight and only 6 mags available, so its limited use after dark.
    For handguns it would be my issue Glock 22 with my 23 in the small of the back. I'd prefer a 45 but i don't have much ammo at the house for them right now. I do have a bunch of .40 black talon and mags.

V42 knife on belt, CQC7 clipped to pocket, Keltec .380 in cargo pocket. Surefires and extra batteries also. A vest probably wouldn't help much.

Thoughts? Have some fun with it.
    Rule 303

Heh, i call this the 'dream scenario'.

How cool would it be to go zombie hunting in a big US city?

Very cool. ;)

I'd want a flamethrower. :)

Comment

Thoughts?
      If you were my kid, I wouldn't let you near a gun.

Don

Comment

Hollow-point .22 WMRs are very nasty up to 150 yards; those can liquify brains. And the ammo is very small and light, so you can carry 1000 rounds if you want. Plus it can go in rifles or pistols.

I'd carry:
        A Ruger 10/22 Magnum; shortened barrel withh a custom bullpup config, 35 30-round mags.
        For a sniper config, I'd go with a Ruger mini-30 (plenty of extras: accurized barrel, 3-12x40 scope, folding stock, upgraded internals); 6-8 20 round mags.
        For a pistol, I'd go with a customized Colt modded to a .22 WMR with a surefire and EOTech sight. 8 20-round mags.

Comment

"If you were my kid, I wouldn't let you near a gun."

LOL, Beaugaste is a cop Don...

Comment

"For a sniper config, I'd go with a Ruger mini-30"

The 7.62x39 cartridge is pretty ill suited for LR engagements, even in a match grade weapon, using match grade ammo.

Comment

LOL, Beaugaste is a cop Don...
              A Doom3 playing, Zombie hunting cop? Scary thought.

Don

Comment

I'd use my M16 and AK47 for mid- and close-range work, my .45 for really close range, my G3 for long range, and my Mauser for very long range.
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  "For a sniper config, I'd go with a Ruger mini-30"

The 7.62x39 cartridge is pretty ill suited for LR engagements, even in a match grade weapon, using match grade ammo.
                  Oh, it uses 7.62x39mm, not 7.62x51mm ammo. Didn't know that. Well then, I'd get that mini-30 converted either to a .308, or .300 RSAUM (like a .300 WSSM).

Comment

You'd end up with a Springfield M-1A(M-14) if you did that. ;)

Comment

"A Doom3 playing, Zombie hunting cop? Scary thought."

Heh, i'm a first person shooter playing repo man. Seriously, with anyone 35 or younger, Video games are an important part of a well balanced diet. ;)

I play them all the time(when i have the time, lol). My current favorite is "Starwars: Battlefront."

Comment

Grenades. I want my grenades.

Comment

give me a suv ;)

Comment

Something I can find bullets for...
                            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                              Hollow-point .22 WMRs are very nasty up to 150 yards; those can liquify brains. And the ammo is very small and light, so you can carry 1000 rounds if you want. Plus it can go in rifles or pistols.

I'd carry:
                              A Ruger 10/22 Magnum; shortened barrel withh a custom bullpup config, 35 30-round mags.
                              For a sniper config, I'd go with a Ruger mini-30 (plenty of extras: accurized barrel, 3-12x40 scope, folding stock, upgraded internals); 6-8 20 round mags.
                              For a pistol, I'd go with a customized Colt modded to a .22 WMR with a surefire and EOTech sight. 8 20-round mags.
                              Took another trip to the Sportsman's shop today, found a new totally sweet .22 rifle that totally kicks Ruger's A:
                              Walther G22, custom converted to .22 WMR.

I'd get it with Walther's laser pointer on it, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X