Zombie Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingCaddy
    MANNNNN I just hate idea of zombies, and what kind of zombies are we talking about here, ones that know how to climb ladders that requires some degree of higer level thinking than the common movie zombie, if they can climb ladder why not use firearms, hell why dont they just get a few tanks and make this entire thread really interesting. And at the current time I am not aware of what the state of the art in Personal Infantry Anti Tank Weapons is. But still if I HAD to fight the zombies....
    1. I want some sort of armor, make them bastards have to work for each bite
    2. To hell with firearms, just get a good melee weapon and just cut or hammer your way through
    3. and maybe a good meat cleaver.

I was using the basic Romero zombie for a model. They can apparently climb ladders, albeit slowly and clumsily (Dawn of the Dead ). Looking at the previews for Land of the Dead , it appears that they are learning to use firearms. If you use the Return of the Living Dead zombie model, they move fast and can think well enough to get on the police radio and call for more cops to feed on. I prefer the slow ones.

Lord, I've given this WAY too much thought.
    Rule 303

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingCaddy
      MANNNNN I just hate idea of zombies, and what kind of zombies are we talking about here, ones that know how to climb ladders that requires some degree of higer level thinking than the common movie zombie, if they can climb ladder why not use firearms, hell why dont they just get a few tanks and make this entire thread really interesting. And at the current time I am not aware of what the state of the art in Personal Infantry Anti Tank Weapons is. But still if I HAD to fight the zombies....
      1. I want some sort of armor, make them bastards have to work for each bite
      2. To hell with firearms, just get a good melee weapon and just cut or hammer your way through
      3. and maybe a good meat cleaver.
      But guns are always much, much more fun

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
        LOL

Hmmm. I have done my posting here, now I am waiting for this Thread to Mutate into "What would you pack if Giant Bugs ranging in size from large dog to Mini cooper suddenly started Rampaging through a major american City."

Comment

Nothing beats Barrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
            LOL

Hmmm. I have done my posting here, now I am waiting for this Thread to Mutate into "What would you pack if Giant Bugs ranging in size from large dog to Mini cooper suddenly started Rampaging through a major american City."
            I'd sit in front of my Television and watch news while enjoying a bug-free Switzerland ;)

but whatever, back to the original question, zombies....

All I have ATM are 40 rounds for my SIG550 and 2 rounds for my SIG510 (yes, you may laugh), so the best thing to do would be running to my cousin's house (as long as zombies ARE slow on foot) with the 550 in my hands and the 510 on my back. When i get to his place, we should make our way to the local gunrange by car where we store about 30'000 rounds of each type (5.56NATO's and 7.5mm Swiss's) and go back to a house for the night (that's because every house in Switzerland MUST have an air raid bunker...or zombie-raid bunker in this case )

Comment

Aren't you required by law to have those guns in your house?

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                Aren't you required by law to have those guns in your house?
                do you mean me?

if you do:
                That depends...For me, I don't HAVE to keep them at my place because i haven't been in military service yet, all i keep them for is marksmanship and some fun-shooting. Now every swiss citizen who is a member of the army (most men aged between 19 and 30) have to keep their service weapon (SIG 550) along with the most basic equipment (Camo, Helmet, backpack, a sealed 50 rounds ammo-pack, combatknife etc.) at home while not on duty. a normal military carreer (non professional) ranges from 18 weeks bootcamp (basic and specialized training) plus six times a 3-week repetition course. then you're done and you can hand your weapon and gear in or keep the weapon (currently, they won't let you have the SIG 550 unless you buy it, if you want a free piece, you'll have to stick wich the SIG510 or K31)...guess what i'll do then ;)

if you didn't mean me, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by Ricola-Ranger
                  ...(currently, they won't let you have the SIG 550 unless you buy it, if you want a free piece, you'll have to stick wich the SIG510 or K31)...guess what i'll do then ;)
                  Can you buy the 550 and still get a free 510? Just out of curiosity, how much do they charge you for the 550?
                  "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

do you mean me?

if you didn't mean me, nevermind
                    Yeah, i meant you.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
                      I was using the basic Romero zombie for a model. They can apparently climb ladders, albeit slowly and clumsily (Dawn of the Dead ). Looking at the previews for Land of the Dead , it appears that they are learning to use firearms. If you use the Return of the Living Dead zombie model, they move fast and can think well enough to get on the police radio and call for more cops to feed on. I prefer the slow ones.

Alos in Return they cant be killed byhead shots, hell even dismemberment doesnt stop them, in that case I want a napalm airstrike and if those brain eating bastards are everywhere I dont care if I get hit in that strike, hopefully one less thing to worry about.

Also, speaking of the living dead, I remembered reading in the NY Post how doctors have found a way to sucessfully suspend the animation of a dog, by draining its blood and replacing it with some super fluid for 3 hours then reanimating it. Im just waitng for the moment when the pointdexters are able to revive a human suspended animation and he turns out to be a ravenous savage. So... might want to start getting those arsenals in place.
                      Last edited by FlyingCaddy; 30 Jun 05,, 03:10.

Comment

"Alos in Return they cant be killed byhead shots, hell even dismemberment doesnt stop them"

Which is exactly why i said "I'd want a Flamethrower". ;)

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
                          Can you buy the 550 and still get a free 510? Just out of curiosity, how much do they charge you for the 550?
                          of course you can get a free 510 and then go and buy a SIG 550 PE (semi-automatic only)

a new 550 (direct from factory or second hand with new barrel) is about 2400$ (here in Switzerland), dunno how much they'd charge for one in the US...

Comment

...a new 550 (direct from factory or second hand with new barrel) is about 2400$ (here in Switzerland), dunno how much they'd charge for one in the US...
                            When they were first imported I could have bought a new one for $1100. Now I kick myself for not doing it. Since the ban, they have skyrocketed. Pre-ban used guns are $6,000 and up for the semi-auto. I've seen NIB ones listed for as much as $13,000. Around $7,200 is average for a used one.

Lol, I like'em, but not that much...
                            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
                              When they were first imported I could have bought a new one for $1100. Now I kick myself for not doing it. Since the ban, they have skyrocketed. Pre-ban used guns are $6,000 and up for the semi-auto. I've seen NIB ones listed for as much as $13,000. Around $7,200 is average for a used one.

Lol, I like'em, but not that much...
                              7200 average

and by the way, what's the average price on a 5.56mm FMJ round in the US?

Comment

Good quality ammo is cheap- 55gr. Federal M193 is ~$150/1000, 62gr. M885 is ~$200/1000.

Comment

Working...
                                X