SMOKING hot deal on PMAGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMOKING hot deal on PMAGs

For USA guys with AR platforms... for those unfamiliar, the Magpul company years ago produced a polymer magazine for the M-4/AR-15. Like many, I viewed any "plastic" mag with great suspicion. It seemed like the manufacturers were cheating, passing over real metal mags for a flimsy, cheaper plastic POS.

Well, the verdict is in over the years, and Magpul's PMAG is now the magazine of choice for everything including combat in Afghanistan. I decided to finally pick some up.

The going price for these is $14 for the 30 round jobs. Here is a link for the PMAG for $10 each. I bought 25, and they are going to replace an odd mix of old GI aluminum mags.

The only other mag I'd compare it to are the HK 30 round LEO mags that go for upwards of $45 used.

With the potential for some sort of hi-capacity magazine ban coming (you can feel it in the political wind these days), I want to be sitting on a bunch, and $10 is below dealers cost. I'm also sitting on 50 32 round Uzi mags, surplused out, for $3 each. These work in both the Uzi, and with a little mill cut, in the Colt 9mm AR platform.

Like the assault weapons ban years ago... you snooze, you lose. Stock up NOW!

Unfortunately, I cannot buy those in California...

Comment

Originally posted by Native View Post
      Unfortunately, I cannot buy those in California...
      AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

:insane:
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

But can't you buy them elsewhere, or have a friend buy them for you, and then either pick them up or have them send it to you?

Is the problem buying them or owning them?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          But can't you buy them elsewhere, or have a friend buy them for you, and then either pick them up or have them send it to you?

Is the problem buying them or owning them?
          That counts as "importation" and is against the law.

We can own them, but those will need to be in our possession before the ban started. We cannot transfer, manufacture, or import. We can replace though. A worn out mag can be replaced on a 1 for 1 basis.

We follow the law to the letter.

Comment

Even if you buy them elsewhere in the US?

I don't get it, though, how can you own them if you can't buy them, and there isn't a ban in place yet?
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Even if you buy them elsewhere in the US?
              We can buy them elsewhere in the US. We just can't import them into California. I can go to Nevada and buy all the 30-rounders I want. That's not a problem. The problem is when I bring them back.

I don't get it, though, how can you own them if you can't buy them, and there isn't a ban in place yet?
              The law does not ban the possession of these magazines. It bans the importation, manufacture, sales, and transfer of these magazines. Technically, it's legal for me to "find" a discarded regular magazine and claim it as my own. I did not import, manufacture, buy, or otherwise transfer this magazine from anyone.

Comment

Honestly what bothers me even more than the 10 round restriction is the crap that they did to the uppers. Stupid bolt releases, etc.. Why!?!

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  We can buy them elsewhere in the US. We just can't import them into California. I can go to Nevada and buy all the 30-rounders I want. That's not a problem. The problem is when I bring them back.

The law does not ban the possession of these magazines. It bans the importation, manufacture, sales, and transfer of these magazines. Technically, it's legal for me to "find" a discarded regular magazine and claim it as my own. I did not import, manufacture, buy, or otherwise transfer this magazine from anyone.
                  So why don't you happen to "find" a box of them out in the desert?

Comment

Can't you read? He can't transfer them home.

What if someone accidentally drops them in his yard?
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I think transfer refers to between people. And California has plenty deserts, so no importing involved, either

Comment

So why don't you happen to "find" a box of them out in the desert?
                        Believe me, a lot of people have found magazines in the desert. They wouldn't tell me where this "mag mine" is.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          Believe me, a lot of people have found magazines in the desert. They wouldn't tell me where this "mag mine" is.
                          The Mojave Desert, specifically where you can see Las Vegas, you damned idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            The Mojave Desert, specifically where you can see Las Vegas, you damned idiot!
                            No no no, it has to be within California border. Otherwise it would be "importation."

The magazine has to be inside the state border already. We cannot manufacture it. We cannot transfer ownership of it (this covers buying and selling, and gifting). We cannot import it from outside the state.

It's perfectly legal to own. So people have been finding lost magazine in the desert for years.

Of course it's also legal to import, manufacture, or transfer parts for the magazine, you know, to fix your broken one that you already legally possess. We all have a lot of parts stashed away to repair our broken mags.:)

Comment

Do you know of any state border markings in the Mojave?

Comment

Working...
                              X