Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington/Marlin Quality Problems

Hi All,

I've been hearing bad things about Remington firearms lately, apparently their QA standards have slipped and there have been a lot of warrantee returns of the Remington 700 at least. What's worse they took over Marlin, took production to NY and screwed up their QA standards too. Two great companies screwed up for the price of one .... bugger! Hopefully they will get the issues sorted ASAP - apparently it is something to do with employing too many cheap, unskilled immigrant labourers on minimum wage.

Anyway, I was thinking of buying a Marlin 336 in 30-30 as my next purchase and the bloke at the gun shop said they had had a lot of warranty returns up until a month or so ago, but the latest batch seem to be doing ok. That sounds promising but I would like to know that they have proven they have their quality standards back up to scratch a bit longer before I buy. Given that US buyers would be getting their Marlins before we do on the other side of the pond, I am wondering if anybody has purchased one recently, when they got it and what their experiences have been?

Cheers,
    AG
    "There is no such thing as society" - Margaret Thatcher
Working...
X