Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    You mean like Syria?

Why would you need DOLPHINs with nukes? Who in the area could threaten the Israeli nuclear forces?
    That is the point... any muslim country with the wherewithal to produce nuclear weapons or other WMDs and attack Israel. I am not talking about instant retaliation but in months or years after the Israel nuke response occurs.

Comment

What? Hitesh, slow down. Pakistan is the only Muslim ruled nuclear weapons power, even she is incapable of a decapitating first strike against Israel. The only two powers capable of taking out the Israeli nuclear force (and not break a sweat) are the US and Russia.

Comment

You are misreading me. I am not talking about a decapitating first strike against Israel. I am talking about retaliation. After a Israel nuke strike, retaliation will occur if not immediately but it will occur. Israel just won't know when and when that occurs, it would only require 5 to 15 nukes to decapitate Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          You are misreading me. I am not talking about a decapitating first strike against Israel. I am talking about retaliation. After a Israel nuke strike, retaliation will occur if not immediately but it will occur.
          Ask yourself why Israel would resort to nukes in the first place.

It would be defensive. When they are on the verge of falling.

In fact Israel should not need to use them at all if their deterrence is intact.

So this payback scenario you mention will not arise.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Aug 12,, 18:52.

Comment

You are misreading me.
            And you are not reading me. There is absolutely no reason for Israel to have a sea based deterrent against her Arab neighbours. None of her neighbours are a threat to her nuclear force. So, what need is there for a nuke based SLCM force?

Comment

Col,

4-12 nukes is hardly a deterrence over Russians. They can absorb that and wipe Israel out of the map later.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                Ask yourself why Israel would resort to nukes in the first place.

It would be defensive. When they are on the verge of falling.

In fact Israel should not need to use them at all if their deterrence is intact.

So this payback scenario you mention will not arise.
                You are not reading the situation right. What I said that Israel cannot create or start a conflict that it knows that in the end it would have no choice but to use nukes as retaliation. For instance, attacking Iran and provoking a reaction from Iran that causes Israel to respond with nukes. With that act, it makes eternal enemies of the entire Muslim world and every muslim country would be clamoring for wipe out of Israel of the map and US would be unable to stop it.

Comment

You mean like Syria?

Why would you need DOLPHINs with nukes? Who in the area could threaten the Israeli nuclear forces?
                  Iran and Pakistan, the Dolphin's are no threat to Russia because Israel cannot sail them into the black sea per treaty restrictions.

Comment

You are not reading the situation right. What I said that Israel cannot create or start a conflict that it knows that in the end it would have no choice but to use nukes as retaliation. For instance, attacking Iran and provoking a reaction from Iran that causes Israel to respond with nukes.
                    Think back to '73 where the Arabs took on a nuke power.

The underlined bit is impossible for Iran to achieve.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Aug 12,, 00:46.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      Iran and Pakistan,
                      Neither is capable of a counter-force 1st strike. In fact, I strongly doubt either could take out the Israeli nuclear arsenal ... if they could even pin point them.

Comment

And you are not reading me. There is absolutely no reason for Israel to have a sea based deterrent against her Arab neighbours. None of her neighbours are a threat to her nuclear force. So, what need is there for a nuke based SLCM force?
                        The subs increase the range the Israel nuclear reach to Iran and Pakistan without over flying GCC territory. They also reduce or eliminate warning time before the strike. Launches of Jerichos from Israel are not going to go unnoticed. Iran has a radar system capable of watching space. It was built by the US during the time of the Shah.

Comment

Neither is capable of a counter-force 1st strike. In fact, I strongly doubt either could take out the Israeli nuclear arsenal ... if they could even pin point them.
                          Israel isn't worried about counter force, but in assuring the death of as many millions of her attackers civilian populations as possible if one of them tries to finish the Holocaust. Israel is the only nuclear power that literally faces the prospect of extermination by WMD. A Fukishima scale nuclear emergency in Israel could depopulate the entire region depending on the winds. Syrian chemical weapons could not only kill tens of thousands, but if the winds were right, wipe out the pollinators Israeli agriculture depends on and leave the land barren.

Comment

In addtion to what Z said.

Why can't we see Israeli boomers as a necessary component of Israel's triad of deterrence.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Israel isn't worried about counter force, but in assuring the death of as many millions of her attackers civilian populations as possible if one of them tries to finish the Holocaust. Israel is the only nuclear power that literally faces the prospect of extermination by WMD. A Fukishima scale nuclear emergency in Israel could depopulate the entire region depending on the winds. Syrian chemical weapons could not only kill tens of thousands, but if the winds were right, wipe out the pollinators Israeli agriculture depends on and leave the land barren.
                              Jason, you're not reading me. What could either Iran or Pakistan do to stop an Israeli SSM nuclear strike? And what could either do with a 20 minute warning window? Cruise missiles ain't going to travel as fast as SSMs.

Comment

Jason, you're not reading me. What could either Iran or Pakistan do to stop an Israeli SSM nuclear strike? And what could either do with a 20 minute warning window? Cruise missiles ain't going to travel as fast as SSMs.
                                Evacuate thier national command authority, close the doors on critical sites, transmit warning orders to terror cells and until recently Israeli SSM launches faced the threat of booster stage shoot down by the Syrian S-300 systems and still face the threat of US and Arab THAAD systems.

Comment

Working...
                                X