Isareli Nuclear Weapons: Existence & Capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    We know there are no nuclear mated delivery vehicles. The Russians and the Americans have been watching for a very, very long time. Any nuke mated missile sooner or later must be stripped of its warhead and sent back to the factory for maintenance. The JERICHO rockets have thus far not been seen with nukes.

Same with the DOLPHIN subs. They're being watched very, very closely.

And the thing is, nuclear dedicated units will not stand up to scrutiny with Israel self declared not to introduce nuclear weapons to the region. Nuclear dedicated units will violate that policy and the Russians will find out ... if the Americans don't find out first.
    Sir with the threats from Iran and the need to be able to possibly strike Tehran, I think those Dolphins are loaded.

Comment

What threats? Israel is not going to nuke respond to a conventional strike. Iran is at least years from a deployable nuke.

Comment

What threats? Israel is not going to nuke respond to a conventional strike. Iran is at least years from a deployable nuke.
        Iran has stated multiple times that if Israel strikes, Iran will hit Dimona to salt Israel.

Comment

Can you show me the intel that states that Iran has a deployable nuke? I have not found any.

Comment

Can you show me the intel that states that Iran has a deployable nuke? I have not found any.
            Not with nukes, with conventional missiles to bust Dimona open and cause a meltdown type radiological emergency.

Comment

500lb bombs against Dimona? Anyone wants to pick up a broom?

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                The more I think about it, the more I think that General Nie's strategic thinking should be applied to Israel nuclear strategic thinking.

So in that respect, if I were Israel, I wouldn't be too confident in brandishing my nukes around. Because once you use it, you are in effect a walking corpse.
                At times, I don't like you guys very much but good point, why shouldn't Israel have their own Nie/Sundarji?

Damn, I have a headache coming on. There's a hell of a lot of rethink to do.

Comment

Sir, the latest versions have a claimed warhead of 1 metric ton and 50m CEP*. This is the explosive power used on Osirak and Osirak is a much newer design.

Not sure I believe the Iranian CEP claim but it creates a very real threat Israel cannot ignore.

Comment

Not to mention the Iranian guidance kits are somewhat lacking in their ability.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      Sir, the latest versions have a claimed warhead of 1 metric ton and 50m CEP*. This is the explosive power used on Osirak and Osirak is a much newer design.

Not sure I believe the Iranian CEP claim but it creates a very real threat Israel cannot ignore.
                      Have the Iranians done any fuse testing? accuracy testings?

Comment

At times, I don't like you guys very much but good point, why shouldn't Israel have their own Nie/Sundarji?

Damn, I have a headache coming on. There's a hell of a lot of rethink to do.
                        Actually there is not. It is quite simple. Don't invite a necessary nuke response from Israel and I am directing that to the Israelis.

Comment

If and when the time comes, you mate the warhead to your missiles and then strike back. There's only one reason why you would want to ship nukes on the DOLPHINs and that is to avoid a Russian first strike on Israeli nuclear assets. Frankly at that point, the DOLPHINs would have been nuked before they left port.

Comment

Actually there is not. It is quite simple. Don't invite a necessary nuke response from Israel and I am directing that to the Israelis.
                            Hitesh, the Israelis may have started out thinking the Arabs as the enemy but strategic thinkers cannot ignore that Israel only have one nuclear opponent and one Israel has no chance of even making blink twice - Russia. Getting a headache yet?

Comment

Hitesh, the Israelis may have started out thinking the Arabs as the enemy but strategic thinkers cannot ignore that Israel only have one nuclear opponent and one Israel has no chance of even making blink twice - Russia. Getting a headache yet?
                              Do you honestly think that Russia would launch nukes against Israel? After all, Israel is part of US protection. No way Russia would not hesitate or blink before striking against Israel. Russia doesn't even have the capability or resources to monitor Israel especially when it has other things on its plate to worry about.

What I am referring to is the Muslim world and the solidarity of the Muslim world. I have no doubt in mind that once Israel nukes a Muslim city, all Muslims would put aside their differences, including the Saudis and Iranians and go after Israel in a bloodlust something which US cannot stop even with all its might. The Muslim world already has a nuclear Islamic power - Pakistan.

Look at the requirements for taking out Israel with nukes. It is not that much as compared to taking out the entire Muslim world. The bloodlust would fan for decades and Israel do not have that kind of staying power and neither does US.

Russia would act as the check against US retaliation for retaliation against Israel. Russia won't retaliate against Israel but will step in to stop US just because US is its main adversary. Sort of like Nixon stopping USSR from bombing China even though China was no friend to US since Korean War.

Comment

Do you honestly think that Russia would launch nukes against Israel? After all, Israel is part of US protection. No way Russia would not hesitate or blink before striking against Israel. Russia doesn't even have the capability or resources to monitor Israel especially when it has other things on its plate to worry about.
                                You mean like Syria?

Why would you need DOLPHINs with nukes? Who in the area could threaten the Israeli nuclear forces?

Comment

Working...
                                X