The miniature of the North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The miniature of the North Korea

Cheongjin, the port city located in the northeastern region of Hamgyeongbuk-do.
    Considered as the second largest city in North Korea, Cheong Jin has adopted foreign culture at a faster rate than Pyeongyang. Accordingly, we may think it may be convenient to live there; however, recent news indicates that the region has become a haven for criminals and prostitutes.
    'Ggotjaebee'(Children and Infants wandering around for food and money), Criminals.. and prostitution
    With people gathering from all over the nation, for the second largest train station and port is located in Cheongjin, rates of crimes are frequent, and victims usually become 'ggotjaebee' or become criminals themselves, with this downward spiral continuing. Also, young women in the local are apparently choosing to become prostitutes so as to make a living for themselves.
    This is only what is being observed from outside the hidden society, how worse would it actually be?
    Notorious for being the hideout of criminals and prostitutes, the second most important city of North Korea, Cheongjin, could well be called as the miniature of the North Korean society destructed due to the third on-going dictatorship.

Is there a point here?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
      Is there a point here?
      Just in case you were contemplating moving to North Korea, don't move to Cheongjin.

At least according to 'powerful guy'
      Ego Numquam

Comment

I think he's saying not everything in NK is under control of the all-seeing leadership. Anyone who saw the video of Kim pointing out to his generals the weeds growing between the paving stones in some plaza knows that. :)
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Crap...I already bought a house there. Now what? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
            No worries. It's not like the value of the land can decrease there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
              How many bags of rice did you pay for yours?

Comment

Mine was 2 koku of rice and comes equipped with North Korean hookers and a gang of Ggotjaebee for maintenance and upkeep... ;)

I'm not sure what point the OP was making, either.

In all seriousness, with extreme dictatorships like NK come some extreme social suffering as well that is effectively hidden from international scrutiny. Kind of like the bad old days in the USSR under Stalin, although I suspect Stalin himself would respect and admire the extremity and totality of the NK socio-political system.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                  Mine was 2 koku of rice and comes equipped with North Korean hookers and a gang of Ggotjaebee for maintenance and upkeep... ;)
                  That was a nice feature in Thailand. The hotel room came with a girl.

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                  I'm not sure what point the OP was making, either.
                  I'm guessing he had read something that meant something to him and wanted to share a snapshot of information. Probably just not a good writer. I can relate...

Comment

Originally posted by Native View Post
                    How many bags of rice did you pay for yours?
                    Rice? I could have bought it with rice? Dammit...screwed again! It cost me 4 cartons of Marlboros...

Comment

Working...
                    X