No announcement yet.

Syrian Civil War Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stating the obvious here, but Russian weapon systems get pretty good bang for the buck as long as you're not facing leading edge American stuff. The Russians build rugged, their stuff is fairly reliable, well constructed, and can be bought with no strings for a fair price. At the same time, export model stripped down American weaponry like that which the Iraqis currently have can be trounced by top tier Russian weapons systems. I also wouldn't put too much faith in American weapons systems being used by foreign militaries if they're up against professional Russians, e.g. a Saudi F-15 pilot up against a Russian Flanker pilot.

I'm not a weapons expert so I'd defer to the judgment of those who are.

Mike, I might have asked you before, but forgot. Spraak jou Afrikaans, oder sprechen sie Deutsch?
    Last edited by Ironduke; 14 Apr 18,, 11:33.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Net Afrikaans.
      "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

• Its the training and will that counts as much as technical-tactical stuff. Cruise missiles are tricky target to find but easy to shoot down once they are found.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          Well, I got my lawn chair, and there will be free cigarettes and booze at the liquor store a couple blocks down the street if worst comes to worst. I'm only a 10 or 15 minute walk from that nice northward facing view.

The last thing one would ever see: https://i.imgur.com/cb3aHFx.jpg

More here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/trum...k-experts.html
          Well lets hope that it doesn't come to that. I miss Minneapolis a lot sometimes, perfect city for drawing comics and doing 3d animations, especially in the winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
            Well lets hope that it doesn't come to that. I miss Minneapolis a lot sometimes, perfect city for drawing comics and doing 3d animations, especially in the winter.
            You been?

Comment

• Part i want to know is the where does the legitimacy to conduct this attack come from ?

Anything in the chemical weapons convention that allows for it.

Seeing hacks exclaim where is the UN in all of this, bypassing the UN, its a joke by those hippocrites who like to claim rule of law.

What law says this attack is legit ?

See Ironduke, this is what the rickshaw driver, the company stiff, the construction worker & that DJ will read and think.

I say this wouldn't be happening if the Russians held up their end of the bargain struck in 2013!
              Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Apr 18,, 13:06.

Comment

You been?
                Yep, we lived at Colfax Avenue close to lake Harriet.

Comment

Yep, we lived at Colfax Avenue close to lake Harriet.
                  Ever hang out at the Bryant Lake Bowl?

Comment

Ever hang out at the Bryant Lake Bowl?
                    I think once, with my friends. It was relatively close to her working place, we both used to work at Landmark cinemas, except my post was in Edina and hers was at the Lagoon Ave.

Comment

• Putin " History will judge...". Priceless. Relax Duke, WW3 is canceled. Which raises suspicion, track the financial transactions on the global market, it appears that this was a front for something else.
                      Last edited by Versus; 14 Apr 18,, 14:21.

Comment

I think once, with my friends. It was relatively close to her working place, we both used to work at Landmark cinemas, except my post was in Edina and hers was at the Lagoon Ave.
                        I like it there. I spent many days in the summers vaping/smoking and drinking beers, shooting the shit with the changing cast of characters coming and going to have beers and smoke.

If you ever make it back, I know the city like the back of my hand and a great time will be had. I change it up every night and I'm all over the place, so whatever it is somebody likes to do, I'll find the perfect things to do and places to go.
                        Last edited by Ironduke; 14 Apr 18,, 14:25.

Comment

Putin " History will judge...". Priceless. Relax Duke, WW3 is canceled. Which raises suspicion, track the financial transactions on the global market, it appears that this was a front for something else.
                          Was never worried about it in the first place. :-)

I'm relaxed if it doesn't happen, and I'd be relaxed if it does. ;-)
                          Last edited by Ironduke; 14 Apr 18,, 14:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIKEMUN View Post
                            Russia's defence ministry says preliminary information suggests that there were no civilian or military casualties in the air strikes.

It says 71 of a total of 103 cruise missiles were intercepted by Syrian air defences. All the cruise missiles fired at four airfields were shot down while more than half of the missiles shot at two further airfields were also shot down.

from the BBC.

Russian weapons are the shit, aren't they?/sarc
                            Not sure about their weapon systems, but the propaganda videos they've been posting show rockets flying into the air over Damascus (way too high to intercept cruise missiles), hitting nothing, then self detonating.

Oh, and it appears most of this happened AFTER the cruise missiles hit.

After action videos show the research center turned into complete rubble.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/syrian-...es-2018-04-14/

Before and after of Barzeh chemical R&D center:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1476327

Name:	ap-18104519027250.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1476328

Before and after of Shinshar chemical storage site:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1476329

Before and after of second chemical storage site at Shinshar:

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1476330

If the Russians count this as a successful interception, I'd love to see what they think of as unsuccessful.
                            Last edited by citanon; 14 Apr 18,, 20:36.

Comment

• Full press release from the Pentagon:

https://www.defense.gov/Videos/videoid/594372/

Comment

• Summary from FB.
                                "Russians are happy because their ADF's are working, which makes defense industry happy. Americans are happy because tomahawks are still operational, which also makes their defense industry happy.Brits are happy because they still have navy. French are happy because they won. Assad is happy because he wasn't killed and his regime is still in control. Rebels are happy because they have allies and support. Civilians are happy because they survived. Serbia and Siberia are happy because, someone looked at the map to check for names, before button was pushed."

Serbian Putin fanboys are the only ones whom are not happy and are busy cooking up abysmal explanations for this mess.
                                Last edited by Versus; 14 Apr 18,, 22:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X