• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposed BDI by Iranian UAVs for the missile strikes:

https://twitter.com/GhorbaniSadegh/s...27909326696448

Or at:
    http://178.32.255.194/ptv//SiteVideo...19/impact2.mp4
    (download to watch, 86 MB, slightly better quality)

Comment

• So... Why is it okay for America to invade other countries, but not for anyone else? :D

Comment

• Originally posted by The_One View Post
        So... Why is it okay for America to invade other countries, but not for anyone else? :D

Because America (despite its issues and inflated ego) has been a (net) force for good.
        That works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
          Xerxes,

Try avoiding the mullah's dogma when commenting here. Mattis doesn't appear particularly "excitable". Perhaps the Iranian Air Force should defend Syrian airspace between those moments when the Persians aren't themselves shooting missiles into Syria?

Will do my best on that. Sometimes though it is hard ... i mean the other day, i was listening to Fox News, and I nearly vomited after listening to some their commentaries, unfortunately I was on-line and this thread was where i could vent out.
          Sorry about that.

Not sure if the IRIAF is fast enough to be able to fly sorties in-between each of those missiles being lobbed. I mean, those rockets must have been going at an interval 40 min per launch or less ...

By the way, not all the folks in Iran (and the ones in the position of authority) are Persians. For instance, the man who holds the highest office in the country and arguably the most powerful position is (I believe) an Azari and not a Persian. Not that this matters or changes anything but just thought to let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
            You realize that the USAF has been operating in Syrian Air Space since September 2014 ? So... Chuck Hagel?
            Sorry, was being sarcastic

Comment

• Xerxes,

"...the other day, i was listening to Fox News..."

Were you looking for a laugh? I'd think the CBC would serve nicely. Or, if U.S., surely CNN or MSNBC. NPR can be good and I still like the BBC. Those might all seem more aligned to your perspective.

"...By the way, not all the folks in Iran (and the ones in the position of authority) are Persians."

C'mon, you've known me here forever (or eleven years, whichever comes first). Imagine I understand there are a few whose first language might not be Farsi. Or blood necessarily Persian.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

So... Why is it okay for America to invade other countries, but not for anyone else? :D
                Because it isn't just America, it's a 56 country coalition...

United States
                United Kingdom
                France
                Australia
                Canada
                Jordan
                Denmark
                Netherlands
                Belgium
                Lebanon
                Morocco
                Saudi Arabia
                Turkey
                United Arab Emirates
                Qatar
                Bahrain
                Italy
                Germany
                Spain
                Portugal
                Poland
                Georgia
                Japan
                Taiwan
                South Korea
                New Zealand
                Hungary
                Austria
                Albania
                Greece
                Bulgaria
                Slovakia
                Slovenia
                Serbia
                Romania
                Kosovo
                Bosnia and Herzegovina
                Luxembourg
                Latvia
                Lithuania
                Iceland
                Ireland
                Macedonia
                Moldova
                Montenegro
                Ukraine
                Croatia
                Czech Republic
                Cyprus
                Finland
                Norway
                Sweden
                Somalia
                Kuwait
                Oman
                Tunisia

When you can convince a huge chunk of the world to not only let you intervene, but actively assist in that intervention, it's generally a sign that your actions have support from the global community.

Comment

Amplify. Details? What do you think? Loaded questions don't go over well here.
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
                    Xerxes,

"...the other day, i was listening to Fox News..."

Were you looking for a laugh? I'd think the CBC would serve nicely. Or, if U.S., surely CNN or MSNBC. NPR can be good and I still like the BBC. Those might all seem more aligned to your perspective.

"...By the way, not all the folks in Iran (and the ones in the position of authority) are Persians."

C'mon, you've known me here forever (or eleven years, whichever comes first). Imagine I understand there are a few whose first language might not be Farsi. Or blood necessarily Persian.
                    Hehe
                    Wanted change
                    Got tired of Anderson Cooper talking like a robot from ST:TNG
                    I watch mostly Bloomberg actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                      Because it isn't just America, it's a 56 country coalition...

United States
                      United Kingdom
                      France
                      Australia
                      Canada
                      Jordan
                      Denmark
                      Netherlands
                      Belgium
                      Lebanon
                      Morocco
                      Saudi Arabia
                      Turkey
                      United Arab Emirates
                      Qatar
                      Bahrain
                      Italy
                      Germany
                      Spain
                      Portugal
                      Poland
                      Georgia
                      Japan
                      Taiwan
                      South Korea
                      New Zealand
                      Hungary
                      Austria
                      Albania
                      Greece
                      Bulgaria
                      Slovakia
                      Slovenia
                      Serbia
                      Romania
                      Kosovo
                      Bosnia and Herzegovina
                      Luxembourg
                      Latvia
                      Lithuania
                      Iceland
                      Ireland
                      Macedonia
                      Moldova
                      Montenegro
                      Ukraine
                      Croatia
                      Czech Republic
                      Cyprus
                      Finland
                      Norway
                      Sweden
                      Somalia
                      Kuwait
                      Oman
                      Tunisia

When you can convince a huge chunk of the world to not only let you intervene, but actively assist in that intervention, it's generally a sign that your actions have support from the global community.
                      lol How's Ukraine "assisting" America over there?

And of course all those Sunni Arab countries gladly signed up to kill Shia/Alawite and Christian Syrians... No shit...

As for Canada, Canada is NATO. We don't have a choice but follow the US. Same for all the Euros :)

The point is, US is illegally invading Syria and attacking her troops. US is doing that. Not Canada or Denmark, or, let alone, Ukraine.

America is acting no better than Putin or anyone else...

Comment

lol How's Ukraine "assisting" America over there?

And of course all those Sunni Arab countries gladly signed up to kill Shia/Alawite and Christian Syrians... No shit...

As for Canada, Canada is NATO. We don't have a choice but follow the US. Same for all the Euros :)

The point is, US is illegally invading Syria and attacking her troops. US is doing that. Not Canada or Denmark, or, let alone, Ukraine.

The US invasion is not illegal, the fight against ISIS is a legit act of collective self defense that is permitted under the LOAC.

Comment

Ain't captured any Yank troops who lost their way in Ukraine.

Has anyone got any clue what US or alliance policy is in Syria - or on Qatar for that matter?
                          Last edited by snapper; 22 Jun 17,, 19:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                            The US invasion is not illegal, the fight against ISIS is a legit act of collective self defense that is permitted under the LOAC.
                            The problem is that under the way that the collective self defense case is styled (i.e.: a country from which attacks on other countries occur with the regular government unable or unwilling to stop them) the Syrian government is not the enemy - and unless one could assert and prove that the Syrian government supports IS in its endeavours they can't be defined as such.

In my opinion this is also the main/legal reason why the Syrian Air Force so far was able to pretty much operate unhindered by the US despite all the hubbub from that side about Assad.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              Ain't captured any Yank troops who lost their way in Ukraine.

Has anyone got any clue what US or alliance policy is in Syria - or on Qatar for that matter?
                              Alliance ? what alliance would that be. Everyone has their own agenda that at different points might overlap other's agenda.
                              Someone should sketch this thing out by using overlapping circles.

As for as US foreign policy, my take is that the it has become the cart that it is being pulled by the horse, as oppose to being the horse that is pulling the cart. If former, than it is abdication and turning into a Russia-type weapon supplier fuelling other's wars. I think i might need to read McMaster's book on the Vietnam war, to see how that man thinks.

US State Department, I am sure, ain't happy about the extent of the Qatar rift. It doesn't help their agenda. But then again when was the last time in the past 20 years that the US State Department actually formulated and OWNED foreign policy. During the Obama era, White House took over the foreign policy (sure at one point they gave Libya as a case study for Hillary to practice for her resume) but it was largely Obama's show. And in the Bush era, the DoD and the Vice President took over foreign policy, because they thought they saw Jesus.

In the meantime, the current White House, is getting a geography lesson in learning that Qatar is not in the Horn of Africa but a host to CENTCOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                                Alliance ? what alliance would that be. Everyone has their own agenda that at different points might overlap other's agenda.
                                Someone should sketch this thing out by using overlapping circles.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	CU15Bv4UkAArQgd.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1471027

Comment

Working...
                                X