No announcement yet.

Mike Sparks is still alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By any chance, was the USS Momsen a giant floating M113 with 5 inch guns?
    "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

That poor guy...why'd he have to be stuck with that name?
      Last edited by TopHatter; 11 Oct 16,, 17:47.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I'm sure everyone, especially from the Army, let him know of his "Other self"

Comment

Since the thread popped back up, I found out that aside from sharing a fascination with OOR over SHSNBN they are both Combat Engineers.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-sparks-a6248620

MOS 11A5P Airborne-Qualified, Infantry Officer and former Infantry and Combat Engineer NCO; Military experience in Amphibious, Airborne, Light/Medium Mechanized Infantry, Combat Engineer units, in GeoStrategic, GeoOperational, GeoTactical and GeoTechnical levels of both Nation-State Wars (NSWs) and Sub-National Conflicts (SNCs) best expressed on web site:
          Wheres the dancing Banana when you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Since the thread popped back up, I found out that aside from sharing a fascination with OOR over SHSNBN they are both Combat Engineers.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-sparks-a6248620
            Oh man...that Linkedin profile...it has his crazy sprayed all over it. Well, naturally.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Doesn't change the fact that he was a US Marine.
              Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Doesn't change the fact that he was a US Marine.
                That was a BURRNNNNN for GG!!! :)
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Kicked out of the Marine Corps with under a year of service. Peer Evaled out at Officer Candidate School. Never held a MOS or served in the fleet.

We can't keep idiots from joining. But we get rid of the trash as soon as we see it.

Combat Engineers made him one of their own.

Comment

Not my engineers.
                    Chimo

Comment

True. It seems we did our part in keeping the Sparky from being anything but a fat wannabe posting youtube videos about his vast "how to fight" inspirations playing video games and airsoft.

Who's service kept him around? the US Army. AR's outfit.

Seems we are in the clear.

Comment

True. It seems we did our part in keeping the Sparky from being anything but a fat wannabe posting youtube videos about his vast "how to fight" inspirations playing video games and airsoft.

Who's service kept him around? the US Army. AR's outfit.

Seems we are in the clear.
                        Gunny, again, eff you.

But also noticed we put him out of harm's way in the Army RESERVE...where he would have looked longingly at M113s from a distance in the Army National Guard. Reserve engineers are wheeled.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

so I invited Mike Sparks onto WAB, I'm going to list him as a Military Professional/Defense Professional for now thanks to his indepth knowledge of the M-113.

starting next week I'll give him Administrator privileges.

have fun!

:-D
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Astralis.....

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Normally I don't like to booby trap a toilet but this ... I hope you can hold it, Eric. Hold it for a very long time.
                              Chimo

Comment

oh thanks, now that you've warned me about using the toilet, I feel a pretty big Mike Sparks coming up....
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X