Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Chogy

thought you'd enjoy these two.

of course the guy drawing this is an army dude...so...take with a grain of salt, brah!

Attached Files
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Not sure how I missed this! The only problem is the language these guys use dates me. "Bra" and "Dude" were not common. Although come to think of it, Dude was becoming a bit more common.

Two Cows makes me think of Chad Hennings, the A-10 guy who played on the Dallas Cowboys superbowl teams. HUGE man. I'm not sure how he got a waiver to fly in the T-38, which has a maximum height limit due to issues with the ejection seat and canopy. Someone pulled some strings for him, I'm thinking.

Chad is a class act. He has remained active in a number of local charitable events, and being an educated guy, gives a great interview. A far cry from "Yo, we's worked as a team, ya know? Gotta work together to win." THAT sort of interview.

Comment

how about them Breitlings the guys in bags are wearing?
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Dunno about the Breitlings... with cockpits these days decked out with GPS and other digital systems, the cliche'd "Pilot's watch" is dying off a bit. I can push a button and get an accurate time hack through the jet's system. And all those E6B functions, like converting CAS to TAS and fuel computations? All done for you these days.

Not many guys I know at least wear a big watch. I use my cell phone when I'm on the road.

Now that I think of it, most guys wore their Hamilton mil-issue "hack watches" which are becoming collector's items. I wish I had mine. A wind-up watch that keeps good time and never needs batteries... awesome!

Comment

Chogy: I just wanted to say Hi. VC.

Comment

How's it hanging VCheng? Sorry I bailed on you from Pak defense...

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
              How's it hanging VCheng? Sorry I bailed on you from Pak defense...
              No, you did not bail. It is understandable. I am hanging in there still, but only barely. This place seems much more promising, I must say.

Comment

The good thing about WAB is that no matter how unassailable you think your position is, it WILL be assailed, and with such efficiency, you'll begin to doubt yourself. There are are some smart folk here.

Comment

Assaults and discussion I don't mind. It is hypocrisy and biased moderation I can't stand.

Besides, I have always found it to my advantage to learn from smart people. (Dumb people usually teach me stuff I already know.)

Comment

Biased moderation is everywhere, if you want to call it that way.

The thing is everywhere the mods are humans and tend to tolerate "members with credits", mainly because those members no matter how rude they seem at the moment, still have a lot of smart things to say.

To illustrate it, look around, the Colonel has some language when he is pissed, and is tolerated. And other WABbits are OK with it. That's not a biased moderation, that's waiver
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      Biased moderation is everywhere, if you want to call it that way.

The thing is everywhere the mods are humans and tend to tolerate "members with credits", mainly because those members no matter how rude they seem at the moment, still have a lot of smart things to say.

To illustrate it, look around, the Colonel has some language when he is pissed, and is tolerated. And other WABbits are OK with it. That's not a biased moderation, that's waiver
                      Waivers I understand and respect. I have no problem with those.

I am referring to blatant bias, which is something Chogy would understand what I am referring to, since he has experienced it himself at some other place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                        There are are some smart folk here.
                        And then there is our tame Zoomie, Chogy!;):whome:
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VCheng View Post
                          Waivers I understand and respect. I have no problem with those.

I am referring to blatant bias, which is something Chogy would understand what I am referring to, since he has experienced it himself at some other place.
                          There is a reason we didn't meet on pakdef, got perma banned from another pak site and a reason I bailed on irandef and got perma banned from israelidef.... If your pissing off both sides your doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                            There is a reason we didn't meet on pakdef, got perma banned from another pak site and a reason I bailed on irandef and got perma banned from israelidef.... If your pissing off both sides your doing something right.
                            Hear you loud and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Do we detect a trend here?;):Dancing-Banana:
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X