No announcement yet.

The Queen shakes hands with IRA leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To watch her in emerald green was a great olive branch maybe , proposed i think by her advisor's , maybe it should have been blood red ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to show the blood lost .

Last edited by tankie; 27 Jun 12,, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      [B]I have very mixed feelings about this , I know the past is past and we must go forward but this rankles my mind , I lost friends there and her Maj lost Mountbatten to a bombing , P Phillip im glad turned his back on mcguinnes when he tried to speak to him
      You just answered your own post and underlined the cols at the same time haven't you? I've often watched Phillips behaviour as a rough gauge of sentiments that the queen often cannot show.
      Ego Numquam

Comment

Originally posted by Chunder View Post
        You just answered your own post and underlined the cols at the same time haven't you? I've often watched Phillips behaviour as a rough gauge of sentiments that the queen often cannot show.
        Explain please .

Comment

I do not have a stake in this but I have immense respect for Her Majesty as she displayed grace and dignity in accomplishing this healing task.

I do have a question....those parties who warred against the Crown but now have laid down their guns....are they not also her subjects?
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            I do not have a stake in this but I have immense respect for Her Majesty as she displayed grace and dignity in accomplishing this healing task.

I do have a question....those parties who warred against the Crown but now have laid down their guns....are they not also her subjects?
            No m8 they are republicans S/I, but the republicans who live in N/I are ??? weird innit , and they started off with petrol bombs again yesterday at what they saw as mcguinness being a traitor .

Yes she stole the show , but I still say it must have been a gut wrenching task for herself , im afraid she has upset a lot of veteran subjects , comments which will not be posted by myself on here .

Comment

Yes she stole the show , but I still say it must have been a gut wrenching task for herself , im afraid she has upset a lot of veteran subjects , comments which will not be posted by myself on here .
              She did what was in the interest of the majority. I'd imagine she had excellent advice about it. There is no gut wrenching over it in that case. She thinks she is doing the right thing.

A few veterans isn't going to change that. You said yourself the past is past, the country must move on. But when you bring up the veterans then you are also saying unless they agree it should not happen.

What is it to be ?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                There is mostly tolerance. The best that is expected is that veterans don't pick up guns and start blasting each other off the streets. Anything above that is too much to ask for.
                A soldier might be sent to many theatres in the course of one's career. Depending on the environment they might see killing in many of them.

Isn't holding grudges going to get in the way of their effectiveness in that case ?

If it effects them to that extent then they should not be in the killing business.

They can always mourn & remember their fallen comrades but what purpose is holding misgivings beyond that. Its a liability. To themselves as well as the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  She did what was in the interest of the majority. I'd imagine she had excellent advice about it. There is no gut wrenching over it in that case. She thinks she is doing the right thing.

A few veterans isn't going to change that. You said yourself the past is past, the country must move on. they agree it should not happen. But when you bring up the veterans then you are also saying unless

What is it to be ?

Fuck me , talk about shoot the messenger , get on some other sites and see the comments , unless vets agree WTF you saying that b/s for , i said she / govt / advisors upset people , vets included and others , who is this majority you speak of ?In bold ,, Dont put words in my mouth ,I never said that , and yes

THE PAST IS THE PAST , BUT JUST WATCH THE FUTURE

Anyway lets have your thoughts on the subject in hand and tell us ,whats it to be.

Q for you , how would you feel shaking hands with cnuts who have killed your family and murdered hundreds ,
                  Last edited by tankie; 28 Jun 12,, 18:09.

Comment

A soldier might be sent to many theatres in the course of one's career. Depending on the environment they might see killing in many of them.

Isn't holding grudges going to get in the way of their effectiveness in that case ?

If it effects them to that extent then they should not be in the killing business.

They can always mourn & remember their fallen comrades but what purpose is holding misgivings beyond that. Its a liability. To themselves as well as the unit.
                    You ever served ?

Comment

I was in Manchester when the IRA decided to blow up the Arndale. I planned to go there that morning but over slept. i wake up to a bang and see a huge puff of smoke in front of my window.

The messed up the heart of he city Centre pretty good.

You guys get shot at, your civvies have to live with their attacks.

The only thing that gave me relief that day was to drive past a pub and see a banner that read

Fcuk you IRA, we are still strong.

Does that count ?
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Jun 12,, 19:17.

Comment

who is this majority you speak of ?
                        She represents the UK. She acts on the behalf of the UK.

THAT is the majority i'm speaking of. Or does she go off and do anything she fancies.

Anyway lets have your thoughts on the subject in hand and tell us ,whats it to be.

Q for you , how would you feel shaking hands with cnuts who have killed your family and murdered hundreds ,
                        Thoughts ? I've said this before but i don't care for emotions.

Your queen's got larger things.to think about.

There's going to be pissed off people eveytime a decison is made. And it has been. Live with it.

Comment

She represents the UK. She acts on the behalf of the UK.

THAT is the majority i'm speaking of. Or does she go off and do anything she fancies.

Thoughts ? I've said this before but i don't care for emotions.

Your queen's got larger things.to think about.

There's going to be pissed off people eveytime a decison is made. And it has been. Live with it.
                          She represents the commonwealth not just the UK , so the majority is larger than you think , and from what i read on other sites the "majority" are pissed off about it , you live with it , you skipped the Q by not committing to emotions , you don't have any huh , you still have not given your thoughts on the incident , only on the fact its been posted , if you have none stay away from the thread .

PS have you ever served ,another Q you never answered ,or don't wish to .Being in manchester when bombs go off , no ,it doesnt count .
                          Last edited by tankie; 28 Jun 12,, 19:21.

Comment

She represents the commonwealth not just the UK , so the majority is larger than you think ,
                            I know, but within this context its the UK. This is between the UK & the IRA.

PS have you ever served ,another Q you never answered ,or don't wish to
                            No i have not served. So enlighten me. You or anyone else are free to tell me what you think is wrong with what i said.

you still have not given your thoughts on the incident , only on the fact its been posted
                            Incident ?

Look my point is very simple, your Q considered the ramifications of her actions and went ahead with it.

You might not understand why but she evidently does. maybe one day you might understand.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Jun 12,, 19:46. Reason: Typo: should be UK not US

Comment

I know, but within this context its the UK. This is between the US & the IRA.

No i have not served. So enlighten me. You or anyone else are free to tell me what you think is wrong with what i said.

Incident ?

Look my point is very simple, your Q considered the ramifications of her actions and went ahead with it.

You might not understand why but she evidently does. maybe one day you might understand.

I already do understand why ,

now back to have you served , this snippet you posted looks like it came from a veteran , but you are assuming

Originally Posted by Double Edge

NO , ITS CALLED TRAINING

SEE ABOVE
                              Last edited by tankie; 28 Jun 12,, 19:42.

Comment

this snippet you posted looks like it came from a veteran , but you are assuming
                                No it did not come from a veteran, it came to me in a thought earlier in the day. I always reference my stuff otherwise. Not pulling any fast ones here m8 :)

Assuming ? yes. because i've not served. That's where you guys come in.

This is how I thought about it given OOE's earlier comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X