• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD$5 billion for a uniform?!

Wow...

US Army’s Pixellated Camo Uniform Is a $5 Billion Failure

Next time, just buy Prada?

The article didn't go into detail on the how it failed. Just a passing mention that it's not a good camo pattern.

I have never used or tried to detect this type of camo in the field, so I can't comment. I can only question.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
      Next time, just buy Prada?
      How many uniforms has the Army bought since 2004? 5 million probably at least? It's not really that much money...

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        The article didn't go into detail on the how it failed. Just a passing mention that it's not a good camo pattern.

I have never used or tried to detect this type of camo in the field, so I can't comment. I can only question.
        Turned out it didn't work so well in A'stan. The runner up, multicam works better and that is what is now issued to troops heading there.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Turned out it didn't work so well in A'stan. The runner up, multicam works better and that is what is now issued to troops heading there.
          Yet another idea that looked good on paper and lab test but failed in the field.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
          X