Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Big K,

Is the headline sarcastic? If I understand well it says "Big threat to Turkey".

And the warning not to play with fire, is so cliche, I don't think anyone takes it seriously ;)
    They do when Turks say it. NATO's first armed conflict was NSTO v NATO when Turkey invaded Greece, recently Turkey invaded American controlled Iraqi Kurdish areas, don't forget how the Turks played a critical role in saving the UN armed forces in Korea... When the Turks decide to fight, they fight, they don't really go in for blustering.
    Last edited by zraver; 09 Jul 12,, 00:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
      They do when Turks say it. NATO's first armed conflict was NSTO v NATO when Turkey invaded Greece, recently Turkey invaded American controlled Iraqi Kurdish areas, don't forget how the Turks played a critical role in saving the UN armed forces in Korea... When the Turks decide to fight, they fight, they don't really go in for blustering.
      Z,

The article is about the Pals saying that in eventual Turkey-Syria conflict they will support Syria.
      And it ends with a warning for the Turks not to play with fire.

BTW, what is NSTO?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Z,

The article is about the Pals saying that in eventual Turkey-Syria conflict they will support Syria.
        And it ends with a warning for the Turks not to play with fire.

BTW, what is NSTO?
        Sorry, thought it was the Turks saying it, PoG might think it can bully and bluster the US and Israel and at most risk "limited" reprisals. They mess with Turkey and it will be 1982 all over again except it will be from the North not the South.

NSTO is zraver typo for NATO.

Comment

• I'm curious to see what the ELINT footprint for that area at the time of the shoot down.

Due to the range of the alleged weapons systems, I am inclined to find Syria justified in it's shoot down. I am curious if anyone disagree's? Not saying it was necessarily the right thing to do. But your country is in turmoil, trigger fingers are itchy and you have unidentified combat aircraft in your airspace.

Comment

Working...
          X