Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prairie Dogs; thinner and thinner and thinner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairie Dogs; thinner and thinner and thinner...

Savage 12 VLPSS left-handed, .223 blind magazine. I don't know how tight she will go, but absent the wind, I didn't miss at 300 yards much. Next week she gets to wear her new Leupold scope-silver finish to match the stainless steel.
    Attached Files
    sigpicUSS North Dakota

Ya gotta start feeding them dogs better.

Except for the "left hand" That is one of the rifles I would get for such a purpose. That is if I don't get a Remington. The .223 does the job without costing an arm and a leg to shoot. The barrel last longer than with the faster rounds too. I live about an hour from the Leupold factory so there is no point in getting any other scope. I see a lot of fun in your future and I am a bit jealous.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The Savage trigger is a thing of beauty and joy. No problem to adjust, and safe as can be. I never used to like Savages. I've changed my tune. This rifle shoots MOA with bulk steel-case russian ammo. How can you NOT love that? I feel that with a little work on loads I will be making ragged hole groups regularly.
      Who was it that said; "Only accurate rifles are interesting."?
      sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 2DREZQ View Post
        The Savage trigger is a thing of beauty and joy. No problem to adjust, and safe as can be. I never used to like Savages. I've changed my tune. This rifle shoots MOA with bulk steel-case russian ammo. How can you NOT love that? I feel that with a little work on loads I will be making ragged hole groups regularly.
        Who was it that said; "Only accurate rifles are interesting."?

Townsend Whelen: American hunter, soldier, writer, outdoorsman and rifleman. :)

Comment

Nice rifle! My suppressed Savage .22LR is a death-laser device that is quieter than a pellet rifle and is simply an outstanding tool at a great price. With a rifle like this, it needs quality optics, and the latter is usually more expensive than the rifle itself. But without the optics, one cannot take it to its full potential.

I use it for fun, and to control tree rats that breed out of control in my pecan and oak trees.

Cutting and threading the barrel for the suppressor...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
            Nice rifle! My suppressed Savage .22LR is a death-laser device that is quieter than a pellet rifle and is simply an outstanding tool at a great price. With a rifle like this, it needs quality optics, and the latter is usually more expensive than the rifle itself. But without the optics, one cannot take it to its full potential.
            Most of my life I've been unable to afford really nice scopes (or very many nice rifles for that matter). But I've come to the conclusion that, for the important ones at least, there is no avoiding the need for top of the line glass.

I might look into suppressing the rifle later. Any drop in noise level decreases the range at which the prairie rats ignore the sound and absorb a round.
            sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X