No announcement yet.

Euro Cup 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Hodgson wants them fresh later in the game. Walcott wasn't starter in the previous matches, why would he be now.

As for Rooney... Oh well, I bet he is crying to Alex now and the Scotsman is laughing hard
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      OMG just seen Englands line up for tonight against Ukraine , no carrol /no walcott / Rooney the friggin wonderhorse upfront on his own and that dozy cheatin wanker milner in midfield on the right , bye bye England .Adraw is all we need , please prove me wrong and win , but ?????????
      You will win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        You will win this one.
        I think the same. However, I never thought Netherlands would score only 1 goal and leave the tournament without a point.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I hope your both right but up to now 22 mins in , im down to the bones of my fingers , i see nothing about our play to encourage me , buttttttt fingers xed

Comment

Half time ,,OMG :slap:

Comment

Ukraine have been robbed , deffo a goal , we were lucky , imo , still a draw was enuff as it turned out the win was better ,shrek was handed a gift of a goal , still im glad we got thro
              Last edited by tankie; 19 Jun 12,, 21:41.

Comment

Tomorrow I'll buy a referee jersey and will cheer for England (and Barca when EC is over).

Comment

Utter stupidity. This sport needs some form on instant replay, if only on goals and cards, or at least goal line technology. Complete and utter stupidity
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Agreed.

How dumb is it that a sport like basketball, with points in the hundreds, stop for instant replays on questionable calls but a sport that frequently ends in 1 nil does not?

The higher a single point can impact a game, the more instant replay is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      This sport needs some form on instant replay, if only on goals and cards, or at least goal line technology.
                      Where do you draw the line ?

Fouls. dives, hand balls etc

At what level does this tech make an appearance and how to explain its absence in lower level games. Do games with tech become more fair and those without less.

As it stands there is no difference between what's required to play in a slum or the world stage.

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      Complete and utter stupidity
                      That's what those in charge think about more technology.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jun 12,, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        How dumb is it that a sport like basketball, with points in the hundreds, stop for instant replays on questionable calls but a sport that frequently ends in 1 nil does not?

The higher a single point can impact a game, the more instant replay is needed.
                        Passion, uncertainty & tension. That's what football is about.

Adding tech is going to detract from all of that.

Comment

Then keep it on goal line technology and instant replay on goals. Leave the randomness in everything else. Dives, cards, handballs, offside, all that is up to the ref. But I can recall 3 goals in World Cup games that were clearly goals even after instant replay where the ref called them as not goals. England's goal is extremely cringe-worthy....

View from 1:51

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Alternatively:

Super Bowl XLIII - James Harrison's 100 Yard Interception Return - Today's Christian Videos

Tell me, what's better, the disappointment of a team rightly scoring and not having it counted, or the disappointment of a team that was rightly scored against, with the technology merely confirming this? Why should a team that rightly scores have points discounted or disallowed?

NFL has the same element of randomness, the coaches are allowed to challenge a call and refs can review calls on their own initiative. If they are wrong, they lose one of 3 timeouts available to them. Rugby has the same element of randomness, a ref is allowed to call the booth to get a ruling on whether a team scores a try or not. Major League Baseball has instant replay that will check if balls hit over the fence near foul lines were fair or foul. Timing is not a factor, since like football/soccer, rugby doesn't stop the clock either

Keep the intrusion to a minimum, but some form of technology is needed if only on scoring plays

Comment

The ref was virtually on the line and didn't see it. No tech, but a laser eye surgery would help him see it crossing the line.

Passion, uncertainty & tension. That's what football is about.
                              Adding tech won't make it less interesting watch, would only add to a fair game.

Where do you draw the line ?

Fouls. dives, hand balls etc

At what level does this tech make an appearance and how to explain its absence in lower level games. Do games with tech become more fair and those without less.

As it stands there is no difference between what's required to play in a slum or the world stage.

That's what those in charge think about more technology.
                              Given how wide spread this game is, FIFA and national associations will have to file a bankruptcy. No wonder their attitude towards adding the tech.

Comment

The one arguement I can somewhat understand against adding too much technology is that all nations that take part in those cups should be able more or less under the same conditions at home they would encouter in the tournament (at leist in their top league). Yet there are quite a lot of countries were grading up the teams and stadiums is simply not doable moneywise, yet a "low-tech" approach like a fourth official would still be possible. That said, some of the line goal techs seem simple enough to be used even in the poorer countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X