No announcement yet.

Ludicrous or Just?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the 70 lb draw certainly makes you feel had it after a round. I found that (with the arthritis) pulling the damn arrows out required a breather. Recurve and Long are out of the question for me. Somewhat disappointed - but a nice sunday afternoon I find quite enjoyable.
    Ego Numquam

Comment

I see nothing wrong in the picture but then in the U.S. There is nothing wrong with posing with guns, nor is there anything illegal about being a dumb ass. Punished for conduct. So exactly what "conduct" is on the table?

It looks to me that someone on the AOC has a bug up their ass about this kid and they think they have the need and the power to control the kid. Now if specific rules had been broken then ship the swimmers ass home and get a replacement. To deny an athlete all the things due them at the Olympics, just because some ninny has his panties in a twist over a picture, is a travesty of justice. If the lad really is "too great a risk" send him home, don't let him compete and deal with the consequences of those actions. This pissing contest is embarrassing.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunder View Post
        Ya know, if they hate the bloke so much - why not just not select him, rather than use equally dubious reasons for dismissal.

Not very many get away with his sort of history.

The whole thing makes me very worried about what we have become as a society. The event in itself does not gain much attention publicly - other than their reprimand.

When I first heard about it, I was in the archery store getting some tips. The sales person mentioned it & instantly I felt depressed, changing the topic, I said I noticed that they seemed to have an incredible turn over of bows. "Yes, there's been a spike, rattling on about gun laws is causing many to come over."

From the perspective of a bow shooter now it seemed somewhat alarming. In the same store are crossbows (you can get them in SA) but what sold me on the bow was the fact you can reload quicker, meaning you can move onto the next target. About the same FPS as a crossbow. Yet crossbows are the 'bad boys'. The correlation was that, all it needed was for some whacko to try something with a bow and wreck it for the rest of us, and society wouldn't kick up a stink. The bad don't care about the repercussions for the good, and I felt therefore it was only a matter of time this relatively new sport of mine would become under siege. It wasn't lost on me that 'because they are assholes, no one gives a damn'.

hence the thread title.
        Can't say about other states but you can not hunt with crossbows in Oregon for the reason that you can walk around all day with the bow drawn. That can not happen with other bows even with a generous let off.

Comment

As an aside this week, an Australian Olympic shooter will be appearing in Zoo weekly tomorrow with her gun....http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8499759
          Ego Numquam

Comment

Originally posted by Chunder View Post
            As an aside this week, an Australian Olympic shooter will be appearing in Zoo weekly tomorrow with her gun....It would be ok if we were gay: Mark
            Those look artificial...
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              Those look artificial...
              What? Hasn't he seen Rocky?
              Women weaken legs - YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X