Malware Warning - file2store Redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken_NJ View Post
    I visit WAB a multiple times a day. I might get redirected once or twice to file2store. Today I was getting the below message which is what I would say others are now getting. You can bypass it, just click 'Ignore this warning' if you want to. I am using Firefox on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
    It stops appearing if you trash your old bookmark and install a new one
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I tried several times tonight to access WAB through Internet Explorer and instead of a Google Warning Page got redirected numerous times to a site I couldn't even 'X' out of. Had to shut down my laptop and start over again.

My anti-virus protection also threw up another alert:

STOP! Bitdefender blocked this web page.

The page you are trying to access contains malware.

Details:
      Web Page: http://www.educationrecommendation.com/bnrs.cfm

Access from your browser has been blocked.

This was using IE.
      Last edited by dmwnc1959; 24 May 12,, 10:11.

Comment

The fancy updated Chrome for Windows can't hold water to FF 2.0 for Linux. No redirections, no warning, no nothing, just bam I am on WAB :red:
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          The fancy updated Chrome for Windows can't hold water to FF 2.0 for Linux.
          Umm, chrome keeps throwing up a 'something is wrong here' page everytime i click on any thread from the 'what's new' list, which is just one tab out of many i have open.

Thinking of going back to Opera, Chrome is a real memory hog.

Comment

Malware Warning

For the last couple of days I'm getting a "Warning - This site has been found by Google to contain Malware! If you proceed it could infect your computer!"

What's going on? Is this something that can be fixed by the Administrator?

Comment

I just got one this morning.

Comment

Its being discussed here

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...tml#post873146

Summary - it is an external issue - not a WAB problem
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Update: Rochen is aware of the problem and they are looking into it.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    Umm, chrome keeps throwing up a 'something is wrong here' page everytime i click on any thread from the 'what's new' list, which is just one tab out of many i have open.

Thinking of going back to Opera, Chrome is a real memory hog.
                    Same here , and also appears on facebook using chrome
                    Last edited by tankie; 25 May 12,, 09:56.

Comment

This should now be resolved and I've requested delisting from Google.

Comment

Thanks for the help Martin.

THere are still af ew issues with the sub-forums which are currently being dealth with. Please don't be surprised if the look of the forumlists seems to keep changing for the next few days.

Comment

I still have issues. Now even open in new windows redirects to google's warning page.

I have noticed some changes in the reply form.

Also, the landing page is Activity Stream, which is kinda cool.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I have noticed some changes in the reply form.

Also, the landing page is Activity Stream, which is kinda cool.
                            This comes from the updates installed. They should also (hopefully) prevent the same problem to return in the future,

I still have issues. Now even open in new windows redirects to google's warning page.
                            The actual problem (redirect to a malware site) should be solved, the warning remains simply because there is some delay between us (or rather Martin) fixing the problem and google noticing it and removing us from the blacklist.

Comment

Those updates are excellent! I love how the Quick Reply now has all the usual HTML formatting tools. SO annoying to have to use Go Advanced for that.

Holy crap while I was typing this, a little "Autosaved" tag popped up!

:danc:

And now I'm seeing even more little tweaks. Usually "updates" are a PITA but this is COOL!
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I had problems early this morning Pacific time. Seems resolved but for being bounced to an activity stream instead of the forum homepage.
                                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                                X