Malware Warning - file2store Redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware Warning - file2store Redirect

I've notice that if I do a google search for 'worldaffairsboard" and then click on the google displayed link, I get redirected to some page called "file2store.info", which is full of nasty pop ups and other nonsense. It does this on multiple computers and even my phone.

Further, google now displays this site as a page "which can harm your computer".

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

We are aware of the issue, and have notified "the powers that be", but until their reply I can't do anything about it.

Comment

When using my laptop I've been getting a full screen Google Warnings page on possible Malware or Virus downloads if I visit this site. I can still visit using my iPhone but hesitant to do so on my laptop.

Comment

It's actually an old problem, a script that redirects people who Google search WAB and then try to reach it through the link provided.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The solution that consistantly works for me is a bookmark/favorite with the actual address of WAB - http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/

This file2store problem in google searches for WAB is several years old.
          As a side note: I wonder who would consider storing their files on such a malicious site.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I usually access WAB through a link in my Favorites Folder for the Ghost Fleet Thread. That's when the Google Warning page pops up even though I am not using a Google Search. I am using Google Chrome as my browser so that may be the trigger? As mentioned before I don't get the Warning Page when using my iPhone which uses Safari as its browser. However if I do a Google Search with my iPhone I do get the results page that shows WAB and the warning 'This site may harm your computer' just below.
            Last edited by dmwnc1959; 23 May 12,, 16:50.

Comment

I am using Google Chrome as my browser so that may be the trigger?
              Yes, to he best of my undestanding. But I think the warning might also be triggered for firefox users. IE & Opera did when I tested it.

Comment

So should I not access WAB using my laptop as a precautionary measure to avoid any possible damage?

Comment

The danger comes from the redirect, not WAB itself. WAB itself is not more risky to use today than it was last week. The difference is that the (already existing) redirect from google to the malware site via an exploit was discovered by a Google script.

Comment

Actually, there's also a recent issue with a malicious ad script being distributed through the OpenX ad provider. Don't know if WAB uses them, but this was an issue with other sites getting blacklisted by Google.

As for the "malicious content" warning by browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Safari all use the Google blacklist. IE doesn't, browsers for iphone/android apparently don't either.

Comment

Guys, just now my firefox blocked WAB as an attack site.

Comment

Badware site warning

StopBadware - What is Badware?
                        World Affairs Board

www.worldaffairsboard.com/

This site may harm your computer.
                        The World Affairs Board is the premier forums for the discussion of the pressing geopolitical issues of our time. Topics include foreign & defense policy, ...
                        Your new search status fyi
                        Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                        ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                          Guys, just now my firefox blocked WAB as an attack site.
                          You should still have an option to proceed. Rebookmark WAB site...no redirects.
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

I think the risk is it will scare folks away
                            Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I visit WAB a multiple times a day. I might get redirected once or twice to file2store. Today I was getting the below message which is what I would say others are now getting. You can bypass it, just click 'Ignore this warning' if you want to. I am using Firefox on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X