SpaceX Omnibus Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kato View Post
    Given that China, Russia and the EU all each lift the same amount of observation sats every year as the US nowadays, they don't really need the US boasting...
    There's likely to be some pretty substantial differences in the technologies behind these satellites and the capabilities linking them to the kill chain. Being able to say some infrared signature flashed at a grid on the map is different than being able to track and watch airplanes and missiles flying in real time from space.

When a DoD spokes person stood up on a podium and said, we counted exactly X number of missiles and each went this and that place, or some Sukhois tried to sneak by us but we could clearly see that it was a pair flying in, well, it at least surprised me. ;)

Comment

The Falcon has landed on a ship!
      https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...t-barge-at-sea

Last edited by citanon; 09 Apr 16,, 01:03.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
        Nice! I knew they'd get there.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

But can Elon land a Falcon on a Tesla?

Comment

haha, yeah Sure It is

Comment

SpaceX Falcon Heavy Launches!

The Falcon Heavy made it off the pad today. There were some stunning images, but I want this one blown up and on my wall.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Elon Musk roadster in space.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1475929

First commercial roadster in space!

Comment

and some stunning footage

Comment

You can live watch Starman at this link.

http://www.spacex.com/webcast
                  Mark Twain

Comment

i -really- can't wait for the BFR to get going-- double the thrust and triple the payload. god bless Elon Musk for throwing his money at this and not on yachts and nose candy.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hell of a view.

Still looks like the Tesla is in LEO. Are they parking there before heading to the vicinity of Mars?
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

JCT - perhaps this instead for your wall?

"Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

nihil sub sole novum.

I saw the same show 37 years ago. Be afraid when the green orb shows up

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                            JCT - perhaps this instead for your wall?
                            Ironduke, thank you! I like this one too. I'll have to go to their website and get the high res originals and put it on my work desktop. My wife would be less impressed if I used it at home as she naturally prefers the one with our kids.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elon Musk roadster in space 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1475947

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                              nihil sub sole novum.

I saw the same show 37 years ago. Be afraid when the green orb shows up

Gunny

Great minds think alike...and so do we!

Unfortunately my vinyl album is long gone but I about wore that sucker out. Loved the flick as well.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Say a great joke on this on Twitter

A guy comes out of Kennedy Space Flight Center and looks around in a confused manner.

A guard comes up and asks if the man was okay and did he need any help.

The guy responds..."Have you seen a red Roadster??? I parked right here in the VIP spot!!! Do you think it got towed?"
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X