Stryker SRAT II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryker SRAT II

Are the slat armor on Stryker replaced yet by the reactive armor tiles?
    All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
    -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Why? Slat armor has several advantages over reactive tiles such as cost and no infantry standoff required, so unless there's a significant change in the operational environment, there's no need to switch over. As to development/production of the tiles, I don't know.
    Last edited by Shek; 10 May 12,, 11:28.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Not to mention the logistics implications are hugely different. Slat armor is much easier to deal with.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

I am asking because it was two years ago that General Dynamic's tiles had been accepted and I still don't see any Stryker protected by those in any pics. Thanks for the response. Makes sense that there isn't the battle need. Slat's probably lots cheaper, too.
        All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.

Comment

Probably stored in ASPs (it is demo after all) and can be issued as needed.

Reactive armor and the like has very specific HAZMAT rules attended to it....for very good reasons.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry to revisit an old thread. What's the state of non-explosive reactive armor (NERA)? Can the technology used in M1 TUSK's anti-EFP NERA tiles be re-egineered against HEAT threats? Or is that technology in truth only less explosive than non-explosive?

Comment

Working...
            X