X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina and Gay Marriage

NY Times: North Carolina Voters Pass Same-Sex Marriage Ban

CNN: North Carolina's ban on same-sex marriage sparks cheers, jeers

This has certainly caused an uproar in socially progressive circles, especially in my neck of the woods here in NY. Thoughts?
    "Draft beer, not people."

Same as always for me. I'm 50/50 on the issue but slide to 51/49 against because of the activists on the pro side.

-dale

Comment

Just my 2 cents:

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Same reaction as Dale.

Don't care about the thing either way but voted for the ban just to see the activist idiots have a conniption fit....

Comment

And will someone tell me how a vending machine kills13 people annually?

We're they standing front of it when Roseanne Barr wanted a snack or what?

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
            And will someone tell me how a vending machine kills13 people annually?

We're they standing front of it when Roseanne Barr wanted a snack or what?
            They kill people who are trying to rock them to get items to fall out, by falling over on top of them - stupid, greedy people - so they are performing a useful
            service.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I thought the fact that we are a republic is meant to prevent exactly this sort of stupidity.
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                Just my 2 cents:

Fingerblasting my grandmother's corpse on a public street doesn't kill anyone either. You want to sign that one into law? Perspective, my dear, perspective.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  Fingerblasting my grandmother's corpse on a public street doesn't kill anyone either. You want to sign that one into law? Perspective, my dear, perspective.

-dale
                  Not completely sure what you mean but did you just draw a parallel between gay marriage and (incestual) necrophilia? :confu:

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    Same reaction as Dale.

Don't care about the thing either way but voted for the ban just to see the activist idiots have a conniption fit....
                    You voted for tyranny just to watch people speaking out for liberty have a fit...? Go f... yourself for treating the issue like a joke and voting for discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                      Not completely sure what you mean but did you just draw a parallel between gay marriage and (incestual) necrophilia? :confu:
                      He always resorts to incest or bestiality.... makes one wonder if maybe he does have a horse in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        He always resorts to incest or bestiality.... makes one wonder if maybe he does have a horse in the race.
                        It's called reductio ad absurdum... And what you did is called an nothing but a petty argumentum ad hominem
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                          You voted for tyranny just to watch people speaking out for liberty have a fit...? Go f... yourself for treating the issue like a joke and voting for discrimination.
                          Someone is just screaming for attention in the last few days.....
                          Last edited by YellowFever; 09 May 12,, 20:28.

Comment

It's official, President Obama has endorsed same-sex marriage. Washington Post: Obama Endorses same-sex marriage

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                              It's official, President Obama has endorsed same-sex marriage. Washington Post: Obama Endorses same-sex marriage
                              Great. NOW GET TO WORK ON THE ECONOMY STUPID!
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X