No announcement yet.

France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we take the average salary of CEOs of the SBF120 stock index - about 70 million Euro from those 120 people. Taking into account the - rather low - median salary of teachers in France, that pays for about 5% of those 60,000 teachers.

Comment

kato reliably informs me that they will get nothing extra and I, for once, must agree. Those facing this will get out or find ways to avoid it. Presumably M. Hollande disagrees with kato and I.

DE I am not sure about French employment laws that make it so expensive to hire people there; I don't have a business in France. I assume it's down to pension provision or perhaps private health schemes but don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
        If we take the average salary of CEOs of the SBF120 stock index - about 70 million Euro from those 120 people. Taking into account the - rather low - median salary of teachers in France, that pays for about 5% of those 60,000 teachers.
        So its peanuts. In other words, its not going to happen.

There is also the cost of carrying out such a move. If the rich feel they are being singled out they act appropriately. High tax rates was the bane of the 70s, where the fashion was to do this all over the world. Those trends were reversed in the 80s and 90s.

Comment

So how is he going to pay for 60,000 new teachers? Do they actualy need new teachers even?

Comment

Just cut military procurement by 10% (or the whole defense budget by 4.4%), that'd pay for 'em... and fulfill another of Hollande's campaign promises.

Comment

Advises a German to a Frenchman... but seriously why not make 60,000 new soldiers? His purpose is to restart the economy; he choses teachers fine but could be anything. Scrapping the army is evidently not a wise move for any nation but if he has to make cuts in other sectors for new teachers then the net increase is leveled out; zero!

Try again...

Here's my advice to Jhonny Frog, for what it's worth; forget your silly teacher call up programme and equaly silly tax ideas. You say you want to beat the markets and you have 20bn euros to spend.... ok for starters cut your 20bn euros in half - hold half in reserve. With working capital of 10bn euro hire some great market traders and get them to hold a competition to train new traders (about 1bn should suffice) when you have talent pool of 500-1000 fully trained traders give them a 5% profit share in all future trades - no bonuses - no wages - locked in contract - make your own wages deal. Then give them the 9bn to trade for real; make a yearly loss and out until you have about 20 top calibre traders. Then bet the lot and back them all way. All your 'cast offs' will get hired by your banks and help them cover the losses in the coming property crash.

With the profits he can keep his army and sign up his teachers or people to dig holes and fill them in again and can claim to have 'beaten the markets'.

Seemples...
              Last edited by snapper; 14 May 12,, 03:18.

Comment

Can't he just print money? I know euro and everything, but we talk France here.
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

No... That is the whole point. If France can why can't Greece etc?

Comment

Well if Euro collapses, France can sure help for it to happen.

Then they can print all the money they need ;)
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

France 'totally bankrupt', says labour minister Michel Sapin

"Pierre Moscovici, the finance minister, said the comments by Mr Sapin were “inappropriate”. He added: “France is a really solvent country. France is a really credible country, France is a country that is starting to recover.”

Oops...

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        France 'totally bankrupt', says labour minister Michel Sapin

"Pierre Moscovici, the finance minister, said the comments by Mr Sapin were “inappropriate”. He added: “France is a really solvent country. France is a really credible country, France is a country that is starting to recover.”

Oops...
                        Fear naught snapper the Belgian finance minister Vanackere says Euro area reaches a turning point in crisis. Hip hip for Belgium. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          Fear naught snapper the Belgian finance minister Vanackere says Euro area reaches a turning point in crisis. Hip hip for Belgium. ;)
                          And von rumpey NOT

Comment

Working...
                          X