DDG-1000 News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Bad juju to be both ugly and have a bad personality.

Guess that rules me out.
    Well Dread, from your years of posting on here we've established beyond a shadow of doubt that you have a wonderful personality. :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
      Well Dread, from your years of posting on here we've established beyond a shadow of doubt that you have a wonderful personality. :hug:
      So he's that girl we all knew in high school?

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
        hammered dog shit
        I'm still giggling over that one
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Sorry, hammered dog shit comes immediately to mind.

Actually this came to mind...
          Attached Files

Comment

The navy has enough trophy wives. I remember the A10 warthog as not being pretty but that was exactly what the guys in the trenches wanted to see when the fur was flying.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              The navy has enough trophy wives. I remember the A10 warthog as not being pretty but that was exactly what the guys in the trenches wanted to see when the fur was flying.
              Like I said, I understand why it looks the way it does, but aesthetically pleasing it ain't. Besides, I thought the Warthog was rather attractive in it's way. Looking at Zumwalt makes me want to break out a can of spray paint and tag the SOB.

Comment

I never considered the A-10 to be ugly. More like "...the ultimate badass. State-of-the-badass-art"
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                  One thing is for sure...If it can deliver the firepower via those 2) 6.1 inchers with 10 rounds per minute at that range they are going to give new meaning to "beachfront property".

I think you will see the idiots in somalia give up the beach front compounds.
                  6" guns.. as we learned in Vietnam (already knew) SUCK at destroying property, harassment, sure but destruction, nope not gonna happen..

Comment

I know the A-10 and it is no DDG-1000......

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    I never considered the A-10 to be ugly. More like "...the ultimate badass. State-of-the-badass-art"
                    Whiteman AFB at Knob Noster was famous for the A-10's before the B-2's arrived.
                    An 0-5 got a flight line pass for me one Tuesday afternoon many moons ago and the smell of fuel and hot metal was extra cool.
                    He put on a very cool flight demonstration.... low level nape of the earth stuff. This is when the AF have detuned the engines to get a little more life between overhauls. The pilots referred to it as having 1 1/2 engines.

It will be interesting to follow the "Z" but to think that her lines will ever be a "classic" is a far flung idea for sure....... :pari:

Comment

Originally posted by dundonrl View Post
                      6" guns.. as we learned in Vietnam (already knew) SUCK at destroying property, harassment, sure but destruction, nope not gonna happen..
                      I'll disagree. 6.1in= 155mm.

The standard direct support field artillery round in NATO. It works just fine breaking stuff and killing people.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                        It's funny, but before the Gulf War I didn't really know much about the venerable Warthog. I knew they were out there and what the mission was but back in those days I was more concerned with the F-14/15/16/18 capabilities when doing the Alpha Whiskey role over the Gulf. After the War I started doing my reading and was fascinated that first there was the gun . . . then they built the airplane around it. Blew me away conceptually.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                          [ATTACH]34204[/ATTACH]
                          Looks like a hatch at the stern below the flight deck, not far above the water. I vaguely recall reading something about this ship having variable ballast allowing it to operate with deeper draft for better stealth. Could that be some sort of boat ramp, maybe a small well deck?

Comment

The silhouette from the back makes it very hard to spot at long distances. It looks a bobbing buoy or something like that. I wonder what the side silhouette looks like.

Comment

James Kirk....

Awesome!

Comment

Sorry, hammered dog shit comes immediately to mind.
                                To think Sir, the USN now has a Destroyer thats actually longer then the Arizona herself.
                                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                                X