No announcement yet.

BMW: The Greatest Car Ever Made Says Top Gear’s Hammond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could put two 1.3's together to make a beast (they're small - it could fit) - and turbocharge it too. Then put nitrous on it for "passing gear".
    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      The best car I have ever drove , was my mazda rx8 , it was superb , howeverrrrrrrrrrrrr the rotary engine was shite on mpg but very fast for a 1300 , if they had put a 2ltr job in it , IMO it would have been brill .
      1.3 Wankel engine translates as 2.6 "regular" piston one.

When comparing performance and fuel economy you should have that in mind.
      Last edited by Doktor; 07 Jun 12,, 06:57.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        1.3 Wankel engine translates as 2.6 "regular" piston one.

When comparing performance and fuel economy you should have that in mind.
        Thats true m8 , but insurance class it as do the manufacturers as 13 , , shame tho , the motor starts to eat the tips after about 70k and req engine rebuild , for a normal aspirated engine it was fast , the rx7 had turbo fitted making it ultra quick , Mazda have now stopped the wankel motors ? With petrol here at more than 6 pounds a gallon , the car was eating cash , i only had it 6 weeks before going back to diesel , shoulda done more home work but the stats said 28 mpg , i got nowhere near that and neither did anyone else in the rx8 club . Shame tho , brill car to drive .

Comment

That car is begging you to burn fuel. 28mpg??? I am sure it is around 18-20 (combined)

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

That car is begging you to burn fuel. 28mpg??? I am sure it is around 18-20 (combined)
            Thats all i got , i had more from my 3.2 ltr merc clk ?

Comment

Not an economical kind of engine - but it is a muscle car. My '71 Mach 1 (5.8 L) got about 10 mpg if you drove it fast, maybe 15 if you really babied it. Gas was expensive for the time then too (1980's), and that car wanted racing gas - which was really expensive. It was a fun car, but a lousy commuter
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Yup the wankel suffered with torque , but high rev made it go , red line was 9k

Comment

Thats all i got , i had more from my 3.2 ltr merc clk ?
                  Why you suck for such a big engines? You travel long distances a lot?

There is enough power in today's 2.0 - 2.5l Turbo Diesels to get you anywhere in a descent manner without stretching the limit on your CC.
                  Not to go through other costs like insurance and ecology.

Comment

Why you suck for such a big engines? You travel long distances a lot?

There is enough power in today's 2.0 - 2.5l Turbo Diesels to get you anywhere in a descent manner without stretching the limit on your CC.
                    Not to go through other costs like insurance and ecology.
                    I have a 2.5 TD now . but diesel costs more than petrol , swings/roundabouts

Comment

I have a 2.5 TD now . but diesel costs more than petrol , swings/roundabouts
                      Oh well then, convert to LPG

Comment

Oh well then, convert to LPG
                        Which i asked ref the rx8 , you posted a you toob showing one , i made enq in the uk but drew blanks ??

Comment

Since you have diesel now, LPG is off the limits for you at the moment.

Anyway, before ordering anything take a test drive of the same model with and without LPG.

Comment

Since you have diesel now, LPG is off the limits for you at the moment.

uk.zapmeta.com access is denied! :whome:

Comment

I back up what I said. Wasn't aware they are making Diesel/LPG conversions.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I back up what I said. Wasn't aware they are making Diesel/LPG conversions.

Thanks for the info.
                                ;););)

Comment

Working...
                                X