iPad apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad apps

I realize some will consider this heresy but does anyone else here have an iPad? If so what are your favorite apps?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Zombie Gunship is a good way to lose a chunk of time. Basically, you are in an A/C-130 and have to blow away lots of zombies. Its embarrassing how easy it is to lose a few hours to that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      I realize some will consider this heresy but does anyone else here have an iPad? If so what are your favorite apps?
      I consider heresy not having one, a despicable display of lack of faith in the Church of the Bitten Apple and in our Lord and Saviour Steve Jobs.

Now the Apps: definitely must haves

1. Flipboard and Google Current for the magazine articles you like, esp Flipboard, which is awesome
      2. Search - Google app is far better than Bing
      3. Netflix and Cinexplayer for videos
      4. Garageband for dabbling around in music
      5. Discovr apps for finding apps similar to ones you like

Apart from that I have a bunch of innovative apps, some of which are augmented reality (junaio) while some may have an XBOX Kinect like motion detection capabilities (airvox), basically apps which stretch the limits of the hardware

I have a huge collection of apps. the list of cool ones is pretty long
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
        I consider heresy not having one, a despicable display of lack of faith in the Church of the Bitten Apple and in our Lord and Saviour Steve Jobs.
        What blasphemy from a resident of WA
        Last edited by Double Edge; 10 Apr 12,, 16:51.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post

Now the Apps: definitely must haves

1. Flipboard and Google Current for the magazine articles you like, esp Flipboard, which is awesome
          2. Search - Google app is far better than Bing
          3. Netflix and Cinexplayer for videos
          4. Garageband for dabbling around in music
          5. Discovr apps for finding apps similar to ones you like

Apart from that I have a bunch of innovative apps, some of which are augmented reality (junaio) while some may have an XBOX Kinect like motion detection capabilities (airvox), basically apps which stretch the limits of the hardware

I have a huge collection of apps. the list of cool ones is pretty long
          Isn't Flipboard amazing? It's invented a whole new standard for news browsing. Didn't know about discover apps...

Leibniz

Comment

I'm trialling Instapaper, Mindnode, Annotate PDF and Paper at the moment and as a result no longer have a need for paper at work. Especially love paper for doodling ideas when someone is rambling on in a meeting, while Instapaper is great for reading peoples links here and elsewhere later.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              What blasphemy from a resident of WA
              You can't even imagine the amount of Microsoftian fire I put up with in hallowed halls around Redmond, which I of course deflect with my "mine iDevice just works" smugness and sense of all knowing superiority for using an apple product :)

Funny thing is, I can't get the same guys to try out Windows 8 Consumer Preview, which is actually a pretty good OS

And oh by way, now I have to put up with the Kindle Fire waving crowd too...
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                Isn't Flipboard amazing? It's invented a whole new standard for news browsing. Didn't know about discover apps...
                The correct phrase is "freaking amazing" :)

That's the app I open first each time I open my iPad.

Comment

The OnLive Desktop app lets you play Powerpoint and Flash, but the interface is less than desirable. OnLive Desktop

Also Skype app is a pretty good alternative to Facetime.
                  "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                    The OnLive Desktop app lets you play Powerpoint and Flash, but the interface is less than desirable. OnLive Desktop

Also Skype app is a pretty good alternative to Facetime.
                    thanks for the tip, I went ahead and got myself one of their free plans and I think the idea has potential if they can keep up the investments in cloud infrastructure necessary for this kind of service

Comment

Working...
                    X