death of a mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death of a mouse

My mouse went belly up today. The wheel fell off a few weeks ago and now the laser tracking is kaput. I should have known better than to get something with Microsoft on it. So any recommendations for a new mouse?
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Netgear makes pretty good wireless mice, also no internal wheel so no worries about a part like that breaking.
    "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

What are you using your computer for?

Text editing, spreadsheet and web browsing?

I never had issues with Genius mouses.

Usually would buy the cheapest one that fits my hand wrt ergonomics. If it feels right, after 10 days, I'd stock 2-3 more of the same model as the mouses are very dispensable around here.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

there are so many different ones now on the market, hard to recommend particular one, most if not all will do what you need them to do, but all share one thing, none lasts forever.
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

I like logitech track balls - I've had them for years, they typically last 5-6 yrs and wear out - but the optical ones seem to be doing better (still working).
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I've had a Netgear mouse for a little while now....it's good.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.
              What I an looking for is optically tracked. The blue laser seems to to best on my desk. A right side/left side click and a scrolling wheel. Wireless and not a battery hog. It would also be nice if it last longer than a few months too.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Thanks for the replies so far.
                What I an looking for is optically tracked. The blue laser seems to to best on my desk. A right side/left side click and a scrolling wheel. Wireless and not a battery hog. It would also be nice if it last longer than a few months too.
                I'd still stick to Genius or Logitech. My Toshiba came with some crappy mouse that ended dead after few months of abuse and since I had only one (with two reserves in the drawer).

I'd stick to my recommendation to see what fits best in your hand.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I've got a Microsoft wireless, works just fine. It is a bit of a battery hog, but I've got rechargeables, so it's not the end of the world
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Microsoft 4000 is what just died so it is the end of the world.( for that mouse anyway) I need something that lasts a bit longer than this one did.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      I'd still stick to Genius or Logitech. My Toshiba came with some crappy mouse that ended dead after few months of abuse and since I had only one (with two reserves in the drawer).

I'd stick to my recommendation to see what fits best in your hand.
                      I plan on petting a lot of mice in the next few days to see what feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        Microsoft 4000 is what just died so it is the end of the world.( for that mouse anyway) I need something that lasts a bit longer than this one did.
                        Thats a bit strange microsoft mice are usually pretty good. I have been using my Wireless 5000 for 5 years now.

What you need to get is a laser mouse, they tend to track accurately over more surfaces than optical. Trackball mice like the logitech Mx570 are also nice to have.
                        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                          I like logitech track balls - I've had them for years, they typically last 5-6 yrs and wear out - but the optical ones seem to be doing better (still working).
                          I have the wireless laser Logitech with all the programmable buttons...but not track ball. Serves me well. Wireless is the only way to go.
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

depends on what you do with it; if you do gaming, i'd recommend a non-wireless, otherwise, wireless is the way to go.
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                              non-wireless

Comment

Working...
                              X