death of a mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wanting to get one of these:

Evoluent VerticalMouse, Vertical Mouse, ergonomic mouse, ergonomic computer mouse, computer mouse, optical mouse, carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive stress disorder, RSI

They are supposed to be super comfy, but unfortunately I don't think the tracking is good enough for gaming.

Comment

One reason I like track balls is because of ulnar nerve irritation from moving regular mice. When I move a conventional mouse on a desk, my arm rubs on the edge of the desk, over time the side of my hand gets numb. Track balls solve this by being stationary, I put mine on the edge of the desk, so my forearm doesn't touch the desk when I use it. It also doesn't need a clear spot on the desk - making more room for other stuff. It does take some getting used to - I like the kind where the thumb moves the ball, the other type has the first finger move the ball. The one I have now is a Logitech Trackman Marble - it is optical (the ball has dots on it) and corded, best of all the ball (which rides on tiny jeweled bearings) pops out easily and everything that needs cleaning is very accessable, a quick wipe with a finger usually puts it back to full functionality. They may have a wireless version - but I don't like using batteries in the office.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

W:

I put the heel of my palm on the edge of the desk and never have to lift it up to move the cursor anywhere on the screen. You need a laser mouse with a scroll wheel and programmable buttons to do it... not to say a track ball isn't somewhat better.
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Yes, if you adjust the tracking speed on the cursor (turn it up), you don't have to move your hand very far, maybe an inch or two; however, the speed DOES take some getting used to, especially when gaming, but it saves wear & tear on your hand.
          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Brought the new pet home tonight. Logitech m529. There were better ones out there but at stupid prices. We will see how long this $25.00 mouse will hold up.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Brought the new pet home tonight. Logitech m529. There were better ones out there but at stupid prices. We will see how long this $25.00 mouse will hold up.
              Twenty five dollars for a mouse?

I bought my Genius for $2.5 in 2001 and it's still alive.
              This thing is just unbreakable. Perhaps it will even outlive me.
              Obviously not all things made in China are crappy.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post

Sit down. Some models were close to $100.00.

Comment

Sit down. Some models were close to $100.00.
                  They come with a masseuse for a week included?
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

bonehead,

Well, did you decide?

My mouse went belly up today. The wheel fell off a few weeks ago and now the laser tracking is kaput. I should have known better than to get something with Microsoft on it. So any recommendations for a new mouse?
                    (COMMENT)

I have used all the major brands, and I like LOGITECH.

V/R
                    R

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post

Hey, I had one of those... Lost it when moved to a new apartment.

IIRC, those were made in the ROC, not PRC ;)
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        Hey, I had one of those... Lost it when moved to a new apartment.

IIRC, those were made in the ROC, not PRC ;)
                        Perhaps yours was a Taiwanese one, but mine is made in China.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RoccoR View Post
                          bonehead,

Well, did you decide?

(COMMENT)

I have used all the major brands, and I like LOGITECH.

V/R
                          R
                          Yeah. As per post #20 I went cheap and basic.....Logitech. Not as "full" as the old MS in the hand, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            They come with a masseuse for a week included?
                            No. That won't be phased in until 2014 per "Obama care" page 32,147, article 863 section 2005. Under "Hand jobs".

Comment

My mouse went belly up today. The wheel fell off a few weeks ago and now the laser tracking is kaput. I should have known better than to get something with Microsoft on it. So any recommendations for a new mouse?
                              You know, it may sound insane, but first, show your dead mouse some love, and bury it. It is good to even show non living possessions some human love. The idea behind what I said is right.

Comment

Originally posted by AdityaMookerjee View Post
                                You know, it may sound insane, but first, show your dead mouse some love, and bury it. It is good to even show non living possessions some human love. The idea behind what I said is right.
                                Well, I signed the mouse's donor card so to speak. Some tech weenie friend of mine is going to do something with the blue laser it had.

Comment

Working...
                                X