Getting China to Sanction Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    So was Israel but she was not punished. Israel lied to France and Britain about its nuclear efforts even though NPT was not in force but yet, Israel gave its word to France and Britain that it wouldn't develop nuclear weapons. Now the cat is out of the bag and what does Israel do? Criticize Iran for violating NPT and egging on others to attack Iran. It is this sheer hypocrisy that I cannot stand.

You say that Iran cannot have its cake and eat it. Well, neither can Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      And did you see India egging anyone to attack Pakistan?

Comment

And did you see India egging anyone to attack Pakistan?
        You don't have to. Pakistan was sandwiched between two nuclear powers, Soviets in Afghanistan and India.

Comment

And also, your history is out of whack. The Israeli nuclear weapons program was originally supported by the French, much like Moscow aided China in her quest for nuclear weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            And also, your history is out of whack. The Israeli nuclear weapons program was originally supported by the French, much like Moscow aided China in her quest for nuclear weapons.
            Well it may have started out that way but Israel needed French support to see the program to its successful conclusion and lied to France about it.

See from Wiki:

"Rupture with France

When Charles de Gaulle became French President in late 1958 he wanted to end French–Israeli nuclear cooperation, and said that he would not supply Israel with uranium unless the plant was opened to international inspectors, declared peaceful, and no plutonium was reprocessed.[32] Through an extended series of negotiations, Shimon Peres finally reached a compromise with Foreign Minister Maurice Couve de Murville over two years later, in which French companies would be able to continue to fulfill their contract obligations and Israel would declare the project peaceful.[33] Due to this, French assistance did not end until 1966.[34]"

Comment

Well it may have started out that way but Israel needed French support to see the program to its successful conclusion and lied to France about it.

See from Wiki:

"Rupture with France

When Charles de Gaulle became French President in late 1958 he wanted to end French–Israeli nuclear cooperation, and said that he would not supply Israel with uranium unless the plant was opened to international inspectors, declared peaceful, and no plutonium was reprocessed.[32] Through an extended series of negotiations, Shimon Peres finally reached a compromise with Foreign Minister Maurice Couve de Murville over two years later, in which French companies would be able to continue to fulfill their contract obligations and Israel would declare the project peaceful.[33] Due to this, French assistance did not end until 1966.[34]"
              Not really. It was the same trick India played vis-a-vi 1974. Israel's only confirmed working nukes are gun type though I suspect that they have at least got the math down for implosion type uranium bomb. They may think and have confidence in a Pu type bomb. I'm not amongst those believers.

But nevertheless, clear evidence of the Israeli nuclear weapons program did not emerge until after the French left.

Comment

The two most highlighted reasons, which I think doesn't allows Iran to have the bomb are -

1. Nobody trusts the Iranian Mullah Regime.
                2. Iran could, but never left the NPT and hence the signatory obligations must be respected.

We may go round and round on the theories and ideological concepts, but out in the real world, its simply a "no go" for Iranian nukes.
                sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

I got no problem with the world saying that Iran cannot have nukes but I got a problem with Israel telling the world to go tell Iran that it can't have nukes when Israel operated under similar conditions to get a hand on a working nuke.

Comment

I got no problem with the world saying that Iran cannot have nukes but I got a problem with Israel telling the world to go tell Iran that it can't have nukes when Israel operated under similar conditions to get a hand on a working nuke.
                    The two are NOWHERE near equal. Israel, like China, sought a patron to get nuclear weapons. Both intentions were clear from the outset. Both set of patrons changed their minds and later hindered weapons development.

Iran signed the NPT and abused the NPT to get nukes. At no stage did Israel nor China got a working blueprint. They had to start from scratch. Iran clearly got two sets, Chinese and Pakistani.

That being said, note that I did not include Israel into this argument, only Iran. If Iran wants to go the route of leaving the NPT. Hell, I would wish them well and have a nice time building nukes ... after they start building spare parts that the NSG will no longer sell them.

Comment

Working...
                    X