Georgian NATO-membership and ISAF involvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgian NATO-membership and ISAF involvement

High-ranking military officials emphasize that Georgia has the highest number of soldiers in Afghanistan among non-NATO member countries. Since 2009, 15 Georgian soldiers have been killed. President Saakashvili visits wounded (exact number unknown) soldiers and plans to increase the number of troops up to 2,000. But why? The US plan to retreat from Afghanistan till the end of 2014. Everyone understands that the war is nearly lost and the presence of NATO just angers insurgents and encourages Taliban to fight back. So what is the reason for Saakashvili to send his people right into the dragon's lair?
    The answer is simple: Georgia ambitiously strives to become a NATO member. It 'grants' security and improves Saakashvili's position in the global arena. But is it a good enough reason to make your own soldiers act as a cannon fodder? Until recently, deployment to Afghanistan was a voluntary decision, but now soldiers who refuse to go are fined and risk damaging their careers. IMAO it clearly represents the irrationality of his behavior.
    So certain questions arise: Is Georgia needed in NATO? Are Georgian aspirations decent and honest? Is being a NATO member beneficial or is it a waste of peoples' lives?

The bots are back!
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

This one was a sleeper.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Probably why it was able to start a thread
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

take a good look folks, this sleeper might have been the last of its kinds here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
            take a good look folks, this sleeper might have been the last of its kinds here.
            Captured, copy/pasted, do what you have to

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Democracy is unbannable!

Comment

Originally posted by Silt View Post
                Democracy is unbannable!
                :slap: They ain't quitting are they?

I thought this thread would be gone with the wind.

Comment

Well, they can't start new threads, but they can sure post in regular threads...

Hmmm, I wonder what will happen if new posters aren't allowed to post until they hit 25 posts?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                    Well, they can't start new threads, but they can sure post in regular threads...

Hmmm, I wonder what will happen if new posters aren't allowed to post until they hit 25 posts?
                    Impose catch-22

They should send 25 PMs to Tarek first then 25 posts before starting a thread huh?

Comment

Democracy is unbannable!
                      As the one doing the banning, i have to say I disagree.

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      Impose catch-22

They should send 25 PMs to Tarek first then 25 posts before starting a thread huh?
                      While not 25, I usually already get pms from every new member, including this one.

Comment

Democracy is unbannable!
                        But douchebaggery is!
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

This bot served it's purpose.

At least it got the blood sucking admin to actually write something and do his job instead of checking in every other day for 2 minutes to see if the WAB is still here.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            This bot served it's purpose.

At least it got the blood sucking admin to actually write something and do his job instead of checking in every other day for 2 minutes to see if the WAB is still here.
                            Would you prefer if I start using your account for some of my experiments again?

Comment

And another thing, whatever happened to the fruits of all those experiments?

I thought it was for the betterment of WAB so I cheerfully volunteered but nothing ever came of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X