Why We Have to Go Back to a 40-Hour Work Week to Keep Our Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    And how you pay in medical bills to repair your bad back from cutting and splitting your own firewood? And how much productivity and downtime have you lost due to your bad back and being unable to work?

There are costs and gains.
    Like everything else, the body will wear out eventually no matter what you do. Only thing is that I combine work and exercise at the same time. I do things that city kids 40 years younger than me can't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      Like everything else, the body will wear out eventually no matter what you do. Only thing is that I combine work and exercise at the same time. I do things that city kids 40 years younger than me can't do.
      True but exercise is a structured approach designed to minimize injury and maximize muscle gained or energy capacity whereas cutting and splitting firewood include risks of serious injuries and accelerated body wear out.

You can accelerate body wear out with those activities. That is why in the old days once people make it past through childhood sickness and diseases and develop immunity to plagues and etc., their lives were still cut short around the 50s and early 60s. Look at today, we got people living all the way through the 80s. I know in the old days you got people who lived up to their 80s but take a look at their lifestyle and see that they didn't employ back breaking work practices.

Comment

My work week is 84 hours+ two weeks straight. :P

Then I get two weeks off which is nice. It would be harder if I had kids but I do miss the fiance and she me. Nicer welcome home though because she forgot in that time how annoying I get.

I do look forward to not working in the mines anymore. Would be nice to be home every night after an 8 hour day.
        Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 20 Mar 12,, 23:49.
        Originally posted by GVChamp
        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          True but exercise is a structured approach designed to minimize injury and maximize muscle gained or energy capacity whereas cutting and splitting firewood include risks of serious injuries and accelerated body wear out.
          Hey, Hitesh, this is the 21st century
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh sorry my bad, the way you were going about it led me to this image of:

By the way, in that image you post, what does that trailer do?

Comment

That's the wood splitter

Comment

40-hour work week?

You mean, part time?
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

Hey, Hitesh, this is the 21st century

I don't see the power button. If you find it, you could save $10k in wood :red:
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

It is gasoline powered which means a pull cord - the black T above the round company logo

Comment

It is gasoline powered which means a pull cord - the black T above the round company logo
                      You don't seem to be in a mood. Sorry if the joke was not appropriate.

Anyway, it seems to have a safety button - the black one inside the handhold.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                      X