Who says we arent winning the "Cultural War" in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says we arent winning the "Cultural War" in Afghanistan

Just saw this pic on a buddies FB Page!!!!!

Mickey D's and KFC soon to follow!!

Regards

Arty
    Attached Files
    "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

I wonder if greeter is a retired Taliban?

I want the Sam's Club franchise rights.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Winning hearts and minds, one mass produced bargain at a time.
      "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Well the latest gun shooting by a crazed US soldier is obviously not gonna help the image of US. I think a couple more walmarts are needed.

Comment

I know that Wal Mart will go to almost any lengths to gat non-union labor, but this seems a bit extreme. ;)
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

As per BBC, Hamid Karzai has agreed to the hardliners to impliment "taliban" laws on women freedom and similar issues.

We are back to where we started - zero.

'Worse than the Taliban' - new law rolls back rights for Afghan women | World news | The Guardian

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
              As per BBC, Hamid Karzai has agreed to the hardliners to impliment "taliban" laws on women freedom and similar issues.

We are back to where we started - zero.

'Worse than the Taliban' - new law rolls back rights for Afghan women | World news | The Guardian
              That article is dated mArch 2009. These are Shia laws, Taliban are sunni. Its allowing Shia to have their own law so one could view this as accomodating their minority.

The law in question

Siite personal status Law

Only applies to Shia which make up 10% of the population, a cursory glance over will tell you it deals with marriage, divorce, settlement & inheritance. Without reading more i suspect there is some distortion here ie premise of going back to taliban days.

Its been said that this law is uncontitutional, which if true one would expect the afghan supreme court to rule accordingly, that is ofc whenever they get around to it :)
              Last edited by Double Edge; 12 Mar 12,, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                That article is dated mArch 2009. These are Shia laws, Taliban are sunni. Its allowing Shia to have their own law so one could view this as accomodating their minority.

The law in question

Siite personal status Law

Only applies to Shia which make up 10% of the population, a cursory glance over will tell you it deals with marriage, divorce, settlement & inheritance. Without reading more i suspect there is some distortion here ie premise of going back to taliban days.

Its been said that this law is uncontitutional, which if true one would expect the afghan supreme court to rule accordingly, that is ofc whenever they get around to it :)
                Then that is a wrong article I posted. I wanted to post an article that featured a BBC news report of last Sunday (11th March).

BBC News - Afghans lampoon clerics over women ruling

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

If the main idea is to win hearts and minds then why not take all those billions of dollars and give it to McDonald's, KFC, Coke, Walmart, Best Buy, Blockbuster, Disney? Flood Afghanistan with fast food restaurants, amusement parks, electronics stores...

The Afghanistanies will be too busy shopping to worry over politics or religion. The Taliban will be trading in their weapons for big screen TVs.

And though the price be high, it's likely to cost far less than everything spent so far, plus it will make profit in a long run... In the mean time release Marshal Plan A-stan v. 1.2-rc3
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                    Then that is a wrong article I posted. I wanted to post an article that featured a BBC news report of last Sunday (11th March).

BBC News - Afghans lampoon clerics over women ruling
                    It is not yet clear what will happen next and whether the new recommendations will be proposed as a new law.
                    Recall seeing Fawzia Koofi on BBC's hardtalk a couple of weeks ago. She's got a tough fight ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X