Which one actor/ress would you like to meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one actor/ress would you like to meet

I would love to meet Morgan Freeman , for the characters he plays seem to portray the real man he is

Sam Elliot. Always loved his work...plus he married Katherine Ross!

Meryl Streep as well.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

I would have loved to meet John Wayne. Of the actors still living I would have to say Clint Eastwood.

Comment

I don't want to meet any actors, and by the way, Tankie, 'actresses' is sooo dated.

I don't like the fan-celebrity thing that comes over them and me.

But on second thought, John Wayne...yeah.

I'd love to watch Clint direct.

Did you know that he was a $500 a week contract actor in the late 1960s and was let go because he was not considered leading man material (big adam's apple).

I met Rex Harrison at a cocktail party in DC, and couldn't think of a thing to say. He asked me what I did. I was tempted to ask him the same thing. Very urbane and pleasant gentleman.
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Rene Russo, 'cause she's HOT.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Are we talking only about those who act in polite company?

Comment

Originally posted by drivinfool View Post
              I would have loved to meet John Wayne. Of the actors still living I would have to say Clint Eastwood.
              My father-in-law flew cross country in a Piper light plane (he worked for Piper Aircraft at the time) with John Wayne back in the '60's, and said he was a 100% gentleman; a REAL down-to-earth man. Didn't have the whole "movie star" thing going on.

My list of actors that I would REALLY like to meet is fairly short; I suspect most of them are complete a$$holes in real life. My top 5 list includes Sam Elliot (he's from Texas, can't go too wrong there), Jeremy Irons (spent enough time in movieland that it doesn't mean so much anymore; plus, he goes on cross-country motorcycle trips with Joe Blow), Dame Judi Dench, Brendan Frasier (yes, anybody who can poke fun at themselves in their own movie is okay by me), Dwayne Johnston (aka: The Rock; he knows it's all just an illusion and he's willing to play along), and Tim Curry. My inclination is British actors (notice 3 out of my 5 are British) don't tend to take themselves so seriously, so they'd be more accessible.

Only actor I've ever actually met is John "Kevin" Tighe. Yes, his REAL first name is John, I had to write a contract up for him; and I ACTUALLY asked him for his California drivers licence, which listed his (legal) first name as John. His mother lived in the Bay Area, and he would visit her from time to time.

Other than that, I DID see Kevin Costner at LAX back in 1995, but he was in a hurry . . . .
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Other than that, I DID see Kevin Costner at LAX back in 1995, but he was in a hurry . . . .
                and he didn't even say hello??? What a narcissistic snob!

A couple of you got the right name there!
                Back in the early 70's I was on a return flight to San Diego by way of LA coming back from leave. There was a Marine and I seated together in coach, both of us in dress blues. The stewardess came back to us during the flight and said "Mr Wayne would like the two of you to join him in 1st class". The "Mr Wayne" had us both thinking it was some perverted hair stylist with a military fetish! Sure enough, it was "the Duke". He was returning from cancer treatments at Mass General Hospital in Boston. Even though he did not look himself (gaunt and weak) he was still a big man and an even bigger presence in this 18 year old kid's eyes! We spent what seemed a long time answering questions from him about where we were stationed and where was home and such. The man could not have been more pleasant and down to earth! He really made the day for two kids on the way to becoming men! It is still after all these years the most treasured of all celebrity encounters in my life! Ain't no one around these days or since that can hold a candle to him!
                Last edited by SlaterDoc; 18 Apr 12,, 05:18.

Comment

Steve Buscemi, cool , down to earth, great actor , oh and
                  Buscemi was a New York City fire fighter from 1980 to 1984, with Engine Company #55 in the Little Italy section of New York. He showed up at his old firehouse the day after the World Trade Center tragedy in New York to volunteer, working twelve-hour shifts for a week after the terrorist act, and digging through rubble with his old comrades looking for missing firefighters
                  AFAIK still a voluntary firefighter
                  If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by NavyDoc View Post
                    and he didn't even say hello??? What a narcissistic snob!

Back in the early 70's I was on a return flight to San Diego by way of LA coming back from leave. There was a Marine and I seated together in coach, both of us in dress blues. The stewardess came back to us during the flight and said "Mr Wayne would like the two of you to join him in 1st class". The "Mr Wayne" had us both thinking it was some perverted hair stylist with a military fetish! Sure enough, it was "the Duke". He was returning from cancer treatments at Mass General Hospital in Boston. Even though he did not look himself (gaunt and weak) he was still a big man and an even bigger presence in this 18 year old kid's eyes! We spent what seemed a long time answering questions from him about where we were stationed and where was home and such. The man could not have been more pleasant and down to earth! He really made the day for two kids on the way to becoming men! It is still after all these years the most treasured of all celebrity encounters in my life! Ain't no one around these days or since that can hold a candle to him!
                    Fits with what I've heard about him (first-hand); they don't make them like that anymore . . . . . .
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

All the guys starring in The Wild Bunch and The Magnificent 7. Collectively, they just about covered everything worth seeing from 1955 to 1975- Yul Brynner, William Holden, Robert Ryan, Edmund O'Brien, Robert Vaughn, Warren Oates, James Colburn, Ernie Borgnine, Ben Johnson, Eli Wallach, Charles Bronson and...oh yeah, Steve McQueen-

"This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Mel Brooks. One of the funniest men alive, without a doubt
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

For me it would be John Candy who was one of the funniest actors I have ever seen and the other would have to be the greatest actor, but I think she would have prefared actress, ...Bette Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyDoc View Post

I am pleased to know that John Wayne was a good and decent man. I have met 15x Champion NHRA Drag Racer John Force several times, and I was glad to find out he is a very personable type. I was kinda leary of meeting him, for fear that what you see on TV was just someone putting on an act, but he really does love his fans, and even though on race weekend he is very busy, he will take a few minutes and sign autographs or pose for photos. I just saw him again this past weekend, and he is rushed so he doesn't speak a great deal, but he is still one of the cool people on the circuit.
                            Last edited by drivinfool; 18 Apr 12,, 13:32.

Comment

It would have been prettty cool to be there for "The Longest Day" - what a great cast.
                              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                              X