Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astralis View Post
    lemontree,

i'd have imagined ISI rather than Pak Army; Army guys should be easier to identify and implicate.

probably all in the leadership echelon-- they don't need more foot soldiers. maybe trainers.
    ISI does not have foot soldiers, so they use troops on seconded on deputation from SSG (spl forces), or other army units as per the required capability.
    Most are NCO rank and above, and will be found as platoon leaders, Warrant Officers (referred to as Junior Commissioned Officers in India/Pak/BD) would command company level troops. PA Officers would be advisers mainly.

In 2001 at Konduz, PA was flting out all their officer and men, when the US was bombing the shit out of AQ. That was the slot and extraction point given to PA by the US.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
      That is also what I recall LT, however, I was not aware that a local maulvi was still called for the last rites. Thanks for the clarification.
      We would have to, for example my unit was a pure Sikh unit so we did not have a muslim priest. Units like us would call on the services of the local village maulvi.

At the risk of going OT, what is all this hullabaloo about the Ikhwan being revived?
      No idea, but they are a very effective option

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
      X