Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of us have 3rd Generation (or greater) guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of us have 3rd Generation (or greater) guns?

A 3rd generation gun is a precious thing. A gun that your parent passed on to you from a grandparent is something money cannot buy.

I wouldn't sell my grandfathers Winchester model 1912 (mfg. 1917) for $100K, and it doesn't even work. I have a Winchester Model 1907 that my father shot deer with in the 1950's He died this last November, just before deer season. That rifle is 100 years old this year and I am going to shoot a buck with it if I have to stay afield for 16 days straight. As much as it means to me, my sons already revere it like a holy relic.

My beloved wife got her choice of any shotgun from her dad's estate before the sale (as did each of the siblings) I, errr, "helped" her choose a Savage 745 lightweight 12 ga. Absolutely Gorgeous Weapon! It was only made 1941-1949. In 95% condition-original wood finish is still glossy, and the alloy receiver has almost no marks on it. It has a factory Cutts compensator (marked as such) on it and the 2-shot magazine. It weighs 2/3 of what the steel receiver 720's do. A genuine showpiece that will only be taken afield in a padded case for some sunny-day upland game and a bit of trap. I hope to pass it on to my daughter one day (as it is her mother's, technically, this is only right) making it that wonderful thing: A 3rd generation gun.

Take my guns? Like hell. They can come for them anytime they want, but they will be stepping over me to get them.

sigpicUSS North Dakota

This thread is gonna be utterly useless with out some photos.

Just sayin.

Comment

I probably have some 3rd gen or greater guns since I know my dad got some of my grandfathers as did an uncle and I have been given guns by both of them. As I make a practice of not listing my firearms in public I'll not show pictures either.

They can come for my Cadillac health-plan right after they get my fire arms from my cold dead hands.

How did the NRA get Moses to be their spokesman and president. Its almost like god speaks through him.

Comment

Working...
      X