Delta Flies to Occupied Palestinian Territories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Flies to Occupied Palestinian Territories

Delta removes ‘Occupied’ from Palestinian Territories on destination list | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Delta removes ‘Occupied’ from Palestinian Territories on destination list
    February 8, 2012
    JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Delta Airlines removed the phrase "Occupied Palestinian Territories" from its list of Middle East destinations.

The destination "Palestinian Territories" remained Wednesday after the airline reportedly received e-mailed and tweeted complaints.

Links to the site were quickly spread Tuesday via Jewish bloggers. The list of Middle East destinations also appeared on the partner sites for Delta, including car rental companies. As of Wednesday afternoon, all appeared to have been changed.

There are no operational airports in the West Bank or the Gaza Strip.

Last summer Delta was embroiled in another controversy involving the Middle East after a Delta spokesperson suggested that because Saudi Arabian Airlines was joining the SkyTeam Alliance, Delta might have to refuse boarding to passengers with Israel stamps on their passports. The Saudi government requires that travelers disclose their religion, and American Jews and others with Israeli stamps in their passports have been refused visas to the country.

At the time, the Delta spokesperson said that the airline “must comply with all applicable laws in every country it serves” because it would face fines if a passenger arrives at a destination without proper documents.
    'Occupied Palestinian Territory' removed fro... JPost - Headlines

'Occupied Palestinian Territory' removed from Delta list
    By BEN HARTMAN 02/07/2012 21:07

Following a press inquiry by The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday, Delta Airlines removed the word 'Occupied' from "Occupied Palestinian Territory" on its list of destinations in the Middle East.

A media relations official from the company said "the phrase was mistakenly posted to our web site and immediately removed when brought to our attention."

It does not appear that the wording was intentionally used in order to attract customers who would not like to read the word "Israel" when booking a holiday, as Israel can clearly be seen in the list of destinations as well.

The Palestinian territories have no operational airport. The Yassir Arafat International Airport outside Gaza City, which opened in 1998, has remained closed since it was destroyed by the Israel Defense Forces in 2001, shortly after the outbreak of the Second Intifada.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

at first when i saw the title, i, for a second though delta remover occupied sign (from bathroom lock) on flights to Palestinian territories
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

When I first saw it, I thought the US was sending the 1st SFOD-D to Palestine, though I WAS wondering what they were going to do when they got there!
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
          When I first saw it, I thought the US was sending the 1st SFOD-D to Palestine, .....
          Me too! For a moment i thought Ayman al-Zawahir's hide out has been discovered .... .... in WB or Gaza!

Comment

Me Three :)

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
              When I first saw it, I thought the US was sending the 1st SFOD-D to Palestine, though I WAS wondering what they were going to do when they got there!

Any questions? ;)

Comment

Working...
              X