No announcement yet.

Marine Corps Insists Marines Are Too Dumb to Know This Is a Nazi Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or Secret Service or even an employee at Social Security.

I heard a joke.It may be ancient,but heck,I'd heard it recently

Teacher in class asking the children about their grandpa's service during the war:
    -So,John,what did your grandpa did during WW2?
    -Ohh,he was a hero,he was in the 8th Army with Monty.
    -Very good,John.what about your grandpa's,Peter?
    -He was an RAF pilot.
    -Very,very good,Pete.What about yours,Michael?
    -Ohh,mine wasn't much.He was an electrician.
    -How's that?How do you know?
    -I figured myself.In his pictures he has a big helmet with lightnings on it.
    Last edited by Mihais; 10 Feb 12,, 22:29.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Attached Files
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Pari,

That symbol as well as the swastika and death's head are known as gang signs for white power gangs. Tattoos are forbidden of all of those symbols. There are posters all over barracks back in the States

This is not a matter of bad choice of font.

They knew what they were doing.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Pari,

That symbol as well as the swastika and death's head are known as gang signs for white power gangs. Tattoos are forbidden of all of those symbols. There are posters all over barracks back in the States

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Bunch of friggin idiots. Heads need to roll. Totally unacceptable. The S-2 officer, OpsO and SEO need to go, or since this was a few years old, they get bad paper. As does every enlisted E-5 and above. The other knuckleheads get kicked out of recon and spend the rest of their time in a line company.

And my first question is who brought back Scout Sniper?

Back in the mid 1990s, DoD had a gang problem. So we cracked down on what you could wear, tattoos, and other stuff. Mainly better recruiting. Because of the SS reference, the Scout Sniper Platoons were redesignated Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoon (STA). Which is actually a better term for what their main mission is.

Who changed it back? Or is this something the local commander allowed them to get away with.

AR hit all the high points

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
              Sirs,you're talking scouts snipers here.The most ''independent'' minded lot in a Marine btn. The picture is also as unofficial as it could be and it's in theater of operations.Meaning that discipline is not the same and should not be the same as in the barracks. A chap some time ago said that his legionaries can fight just as well perfumed.If Gaius Julius can cut some slack,maybe we can do the same.After all,Jolly Roger flown after the return of submarines doesn't mean pirates are back and marching people on a plank.

Gents(civvies),give me a break.Being un-PC is what makes a Marine a Marine.If your sensitivities are hurt,tough luck.I suggest you switch places.If you can't do the job or don't want to do their job I respectfully suggest to mind your own bussiness.And listen to this song and try to grasp its spirit
              Your wrong on so many levels .

What makes a Marine a Marine is love of Corps and Country. And the trust by the citizens of this country have that we will do the right thing. Even when others are not watching.

The Corps let the Country down.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                Pari,

Didn't know that. In that case screw em.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

A.R. & Gun Grape Reply

Good call, gents. It's a threat and challenge to the good order and discipline of that unit. There's no missing the intent and somebody was asleep on watch to permit such.

"I don't believe that the Marines involved would have ever used any type of symbol associated the Nazi Germany military criminal organization that committed mass atrocities in WWII," Camp Pendleton spokeswoman Maj. Gabrielle Chapin told Watson. She summarized Chapin's explanation as the Marines making a "naïve mistake."

She's sooo full of sh!t. To have something like this danced over at the senior command level goes back to all that's been discussed in "Lies, Dirty Lies And Damnable Dirty Lies".

The Commandant's office may be simply hoping this blows over. I hope that's not the thinking and he becomes involved. What happened in that unit is flat-out wrong. What was compounded by the tap-dancing P.I.O. at Pendleton is just as bad.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Ok. Thanks for enlightening me. Sometimes its best to hear it from those who walked the walk. Hopefully everything that needs to be done will be done so this does not happen again.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                      Bunch of friggin idiots. Heads need to roll. Totally unacceptable. The S-2 officer, OpsO and SEO need to go, or since this was a few years old, they get bad paper. As does every enlisted E-5 and above. The other knuckleheads get kicked out of recon and spend the rest of their time in a line company.

And my first question is who brought back Scout Sniper?

Back in the mid 1990s, DoD had a gang problem. So we cracked down on what you could wear, tattoos, and other stuff. Mainly better recruiting. Because of the SS reference, the Scout Sniper Platoons were redesignated Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoon (STA). Which is actually a better term for what their main mission is.

Who changed it back? Or is this something the local commander allowed them to get away with.

AR hit all the high points
                      First time ever I heard about scout snipers not being scout snipers as a specialty.As for the naming,I think with all respect you got it wrong.STA is just another fancy name for a scout's job and it may be 90% of the job.The rest is about sniping.Ain't sniper-scouts,it's the right order.I'll check it later if they're called SSP or STA,but even if the latter is the case,it's just another case of tradition.The thing that's part of warrior ethos and esprit de corps.The entire charade we're talking is as unofficial as it gets.
                      For the SS reference,the entire thing is quite pathetic.Strictly remaining at your nation,you have whole institutions that have this reference.But if regulations were broken,that's it.Regulations are regulations,dumb or not.

The entire mascarade reminds me of this case.Norwegian media and ''public opinion'' freaked out about a shout and a discourse.Lots of people out there with too much spare time.
                      Last edited by Mihais; 11 Feb 12,, 08:46.
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Mihais Reply

"...For the SS reference,the entire thing is quite pathetic..."

It is the celebration of an organization which is the antithesis for all of which we should (and hopefully do) stand. Two uncles, among others in my family, fought against this symbol as infantrymen in Europe during W.W.II.

It's a symbol of an enemy to be denigrated and despised by our military. Those marines should know that as certainly as they know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

That's aside from regulations forbidding such as barriers to barracks-related gang activity. A whole other issue and equally as dangerous to the good order and discipline of an organization comprised of races and religions whom were the targets of the S.S.

In my view, it's not the same (and far more virulent) than Norwegian troops celebrating their ancient nordic heritage. The symbolism is contextually different and the societies from which both instances were raised markedly different in history and demographics.

In the end, that's Norway's cross to bear one way or another and has no relation to this incident.
                        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                          Kiss was not a member of my country's armed forces and representatives of my country overseas. I don't give a rat's ass about some trash hair band. Nor do I care about a what a ditzy reporter had to say...that is not the point.

These are members of the armed forces.

As I said, lousy leadership.

Albany, I am not disagreeing with you. However, I have already read posts in other places that state they have been using these two forms of a Runic "s" since 1990. Some claim as early as 1979, if confirmed and we are talking 22 years ago and more then why wouldnt someone have made light of this before if it was this important. You can also find shirts with this upon it (Scout Sniper). Not in the german WWII colors ofcourse and doubtfully official, but you can.

Further, I am by far means no racist, and certainly would never condone any conduct of German atrocities or anyone elses, however I dont believe that someones use of the Runic Alphabet (it existed long before Hitlers forces ever used it) should be damed for using it either.

Poor judgement I would readily agree with.

Another example... What about chevrolet using the SS symbols on all of their 60's and 70's muscle cars (Chevelle,Nova,Camaro,MonteCarlo). Nobody ever opposed or stated anything about that. Grant it, its not a military unit or association but it was/is a major manufacturer here in the US. Just a different font in the English alphabet.

As mentioned, I am not disagreeing with you.

GG, and I realize what your point of view is here, and I do agree but can you maybe verify how long this has been "presumably" used by the Corps or even if it has at all as far back as what some state?

Thank You.
                          Last edited by Dreadnought; 11 Feb 12,, 22:43.
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Sir,the issue has several facets.One is strictly about regulations.Nazi symbols are forbidden in any form in any army I've the scantest knowledge.As such they have to be obeyed.If such regulations were broken in this case it's up to the commanders and military investigators to decide.No matter personal opinions,breaking of the regulations is not something I can condone.
                            A second one is the perpetual desire for sensationalism,at any cost.Usually perpetuated by know nothings,called by the pompous name as journalist.
                            A third one is the matter of the vile symbols adopted unofficially.That war is over for almost 70 years.With all the respect for your family's service(and I presume you know I'm not saying this as feel good speech),my family fought both alongside those symbols and against them.There's great evil perpetrated under their shadow as well as some magnificent feats of arms,strength of character,love of country and freedom(in some parts of the world,forgotten by many).And you,Sir,know that.I don't know if I qualify as a Westerner,but I respect bravery and skill in anyone.Be them Soviets,Germans,Carthaginians,Mohawk or the Taliban.It's a matter of honour for me personally to do so.
                            The Grenadier Guards took their hats from the Imperial Old Guards Grenadiers.Some Polish cavalry units had Allah as their warcry and some were named Ulans after their mortal foes.Some American paratroopers in WW2 adopted Indian warrior symbols and they all shout Geronimo.I know I'm a minority but I don't see Dachau and Auschwitz in that flag,I see Cherkassy(in this particular context).

Comment

IMO, had they even used a chevrolet "SS" insignia, found commonly in the US on muscle cars (and used it for Scout Sniper) it would still have given the media its shock and all facade to "sell with" since they are military troops and they can make a connection to the military.

Pathetic that one hedonistic, scum of the earth, evil man (Hitler) can dam an alphabetic letter that has been around since 400 AD forever.

Curious, the Nazi regime also used eagles in their insignias, ships, buildings, medals, on Germanys deutchmarks etc.

Are the poltical correct media experts going to expect this symbol to be banned or disappear forever as well since they used it for their symbolism too or are we just selling papers and subscriptions here?

All depends upon just how far you are willing to go I imagine. Another grey area for the politically correct media to tread and prevoke upon with shock and awe while they sit back and rake in the almighty $.

Would love to see the rational for that one.
                              Last edited by Dreadnought; 11 Feb 12,, 19:59.
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

It has gotten ridiclous - you can't get swastickas in european models anymore - you have to assemble them from two decals - because it is a "hate" symbol now - it has been a good luck symbol for over a 1000 years. Still in the context of a military unit - identifying with the most hated of all the Nazi organizations - there is still a lot of animosity over the war crimes and pure evil they commited.
                                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                                X