Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Dinosaurs? Well re-think everything you knew about them (TED talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Dinosaurs? Well re-think everything you knew about them (TED talk)

"Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Excellent! And sensible, as presented. Horner pissing off his colleagues again. :)

-dale

Comment

The quest for the truth always has to step on a few toes. That branch os science is tough. Lots of conjecture and theories but there is so little data left of that era to prove or disprove anything.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

It made a lot of sense, those undeveloped bone fossils seemed to help him prove his point. Very interesting. It is curious how most kids love dinosaurs, but rarely think of them as adults.
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
          It made a lot of sense, those undeveloped bone fossils seemed to help him prove his point. Very interesting. It is curious how most kids love dinosaurs, but rarely think of them as adults.
          Thats because by the time they are adults they are dinosaurs in this fast changing world.

Comment

Originally Posted by USSWisconsin

Thats because by the time they are adults they are dinosaurs in this fast changing world.

I resemble that remark!

Actually, that was a tremendous video and FINALLY we have an experienced researcher who studies this subject with LOGIC. Of course Dinosaurs "shifted shapes" as they grew. So do we. If we suddenly became extinct in some sort of disaster, a hundred million years from now the newer Earthlings would be catagorizing pre-teen humans as a small dinosaur, teens as unpredecable predators and adults as large vegetarians that have lost most of their teeth.

I wonder what they would clasify Hulk Hogan or Kareem Abdul Jabaar as.
            Last edited by RustyBattleship; 12 Feb 12,, 06:30.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, dinosaurs never really went extinct.

They evolved into birds.

Comment

The section of the video involving triceratops was brilliant. The fact that one of his students found the beginnings of the frill holes that turned triceratops into "Torosaurus" especially so.

Comment

Excellent stuff:) Thanks for posting.

Comment

That was plain awesome.
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

With the size of some adult dinosaurs and a tiny fraction of fossils to base theories on I see where it would be easy to name dinosaurs of different stages of development as different species. Humans have far less size disparity,but still theories have been made on earlier species of man so who knows. The one nagging question is if our current culture is adequately stored for research a million years from now and how much data will be lost in the mean time.

Comment

Ah hell. Since Jack Horner had a muffin top and ate the crappy fast food of his time, he must have been a "Chubby Sapian" A species that overwhelmed the earth in the latter 20th and 21st centuries. You heard it here first folks. I am just a million years before my time

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken, dinosaurs never really went extinct.

They evolved into birds.
                          And reptiles. Everyone gets excited because the really big ones died out.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Yeah well, This bad boy is plenty big enough for me.
                            Pictures: Biggest Crocodile Ever Caught?

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              And reptiles. Everyone gets excited because the really big ones died out.
                              Actually dinosaurs did not evolve into reptiles. They co-existed.

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X