Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
    Wait, what?!

India Upends Its Single-Engine Fighter Competition and Will Also Consider Twin-Engine Jets

At this point, are we sure that India actually wants to purchase medium fighters, and not a chance for bored MoD personnel to sit through foreign powerpoints?
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Did not expect the BJP to surrender meekly to the amateurish Rafale scam accusations by the opposition thug party.

Govt scraps single-engine fighter plan, asks IAF to go for wider competition

It's not difficult to understand what a fucked up political discourse this country has inherited since independence. Everybody wants a seat at the table. Nobody thinks about the nation first.
    Well... I guess if it took 30 years to buy a new artillery gun, this kind of delay is... ok?...

Comment

• Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
      Well... I guess if it took 30 years to buy a new artillery gun, this kind of delay is... ok?...

Maybe not...

With all the 10 existing squadrons of old MiG-21s and MiG-27s slated for retirement by 2022, it’s projected the number of squadrons will go down to 19 by 2027

Comment

• Now, IAF wants the F-35

*cough*
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          F-35 is only ever going to be sold to NATO/major allies. I could see sales maybe in the 2040s/50s once the US has moved onto 6th-generation fighters.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	MRCA.png
Views:	1
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1476076
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by oracle View Post
              [ATTACH]45480[/ATTACH]
              roflmao

Comment

• Govt shelves $10-b single-engine fighter jet deal, to push for Tejas

Indian Air Force Wants Home-Grown AWACS To Double As Tanker

Comment

• Something tells me we're still going to see an order for more Rafales...

...waaaaat?...

Comment

• Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                    Something tells me we're still going to see an order for more Rafales......
                    Would be a good idea. Reduce that 126 to 90. So 5 squadrons instead of 7

In any case the cost mentioned when Modi left Paris was at 11.8bn, its now around 7.8bn, the price dropped 4bn since

The Indian deal helped keep Rafale afloat and be able to get deals with others.

Comment

• Why the A330 tanker/AEWC dual role? It's not like India can't afford to buy more A330s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                        Why the A330 tanker/AEWC dual role? It's not like India can't afford to buy more A330s.
                        At a guess, some bureaucrat's idea of saving money: 2 big planes replaced by one.

Comment

• aewc/tanker maybe on a long mission, or a one way mission

Comment

• Looks like the IAF is denying interest on the F-35...

Stay tuned for next week: the IAF denies the denial...

Comment

• Win win for who ?

Rafale deal win-win but details can't be revealed, says France's Macron | BS | Mar 08 2018

"The negotiation was a win-win approach. Your government made very good negotiations in the interest of India,"
                              "You have commercial agreement and you have competitors. And these competitors are not supposed to know some details of the deal because it will not be good for the company for commercial reasons."
                              "It is a very good agreement. It is for your security because it is best aircraft. And it is best way to be protected in the current environment," he said.

Comment

• Is he refering to the original buy, or is a new lot beging bought?

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                Win win for who ?
                                Well, France sells planes, makes $$ and keeps jobs, the IAF finally starts to sign up for fighters. So... win for all?

Comment

Working...
                                X